Sydney People Lock Up Your Beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D'oh :huh:

Jayse was looking forward to Picton today, talking about arriving around 1pm with their swags before continuing onto the Wig and Pen at Canberra tomorrow.

Maybe I should have checked the readings at Parramatta Local today :ph34r:

Caught up with Jayse & the aj on fri after work at the Aust. Both great guys. Couple of other ahber's
there too. pity the little creatures keg was dry on a fri pm ! after sunset, most of us staggered
to the belgian cafe & feasted on mussel's & a few different brews. unfortunately i
only remembered to get 1 stamp in my belgian passport ! doh ! Then finished with a cleansing coopers ale on the rooftop
of the glenmore. interesting sights, no matter where u were looking ! Apart from the service
at the Aust, overall a great night ! i feel remorse for the navy boys that had to work next day :rolleyes: :beerbang:

Certainly was a good day had by all. Good to meet up with Jayse and AJ as well as Linz, Little Squares and meeting Redbeard, who incidently has no beard. :unsure: Many a good beer was enjoyed and once again some very fine mussells from the crew at the Belguim. We took Hooky home because he also had the pleasure of working on Saturday morning. And he looked how I felt when I saw him at 7.30am on Saturday. Was hoping to make it to Picton today, but after I had to go to work yesterday and stare at grey boats I was a little tired and also needed to clean the house for an inspection tomorrow. Sorry that I missed it guys.

Once again thanks to Jayse for encouraging a bit a of a get together.

Catch you in Adelaide soon.

Cheers

HK :beer:

Hey guys,

Firstly sorry I had to pull out of the session at picton, we got home from the city around midday sunday and I was still up for it although feeling very very poorly but my mate could hardly move for several hours and was in no state to do anything so we couldn't make it. After duff left us to it around dinner time saturday we continued to drink at the same fast rate untill 3am and I only have a vague memory of those final hours that nite.
We did drop into picton tuesday on the way back from canberra for a hour and I can say if BLS did play in that joint it would have fallen down. ;)
Amazing place picton itself and i'd imagine a great place for a afternoon of bushwalking adventures and so forth.
The brewery looks as old as the pub itself and was classic.

Canberra the day before we stayed at the YHA and spent all afternoon at the wig and pen. Walked in and asked for a couple middys saying if we drink middys we should comfortably get through all of the beers plus some and still be sober enough to go to some of the late nite spots to talk to girls. The bird behind the bar stated there is no way we would get through every beer saying its impossible, we look at each other and have a grin and state something along the lines of we're drinking machines and she still states we still couldn'd do it and that one of the reasons was they like to respect the safe service of alcohol and we'd most likely not be aloud to continue all nite if we got a bit messy. Anyway we used every effort in us to remain very well behaved and toned our behavour down acordingly and with out missing a beat got through every beer and started on our way through our favourites a second time before heading of to the local swill houses to try our luck with the native females (didn't have too much luck but had fun trying).
Anyway without going into ranting to much the beers were awesome with my favourite the APA on cask. The IPA was the only beer I found had a fault as such with the alcohol being way to up front and driving the beer. Other than that all the beers were awesome even then I did go back for the IPA again.
A huge highlight in canberra for me also was the war memorial/musuem which was unreal, I could have spent all afternoon there but the beer was calling.

I'am back home now and all in one piece mostly. It was awesome to have several drinks with some of the sydney clan friday and duff on saturday, you guys are all fantastic. Again sorry I missed picton sunday to those who were up for a session, it was a little out of my hands with the driver all but lying dead on the floor.

If I'am cashed up when you guys do another crawl you never know I might pop over for the weekend.

Cheers.
Boozed, broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

Sounds like you made the most of your trip east. :D

Sorry to have missed you. One reason I did was that I in Canberra. My kind sister shouted me a trip to the Wig and Pen and I have to agree with your assessment of the beers there. Awesome stuff. Really knocks the socks of the brewpubs in Sydney IMO. What a great idea to put the APA on cask for example. The amber hefeweizen was another interesting beer. Got to chat to the brewer for a bit. They only use German and British malts, which I thought shone through in the beers. I liked the IPA, but it was nearly the last beer I had there. ;)

Hope you can make it back this way someday. :party:

Latest posts

Back