Sydney Getting A New Malt Plant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floppinab

Reaction score
Stumbled across this looking at a totally unrelated something else today.

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/i...amp;job_id=2574

Something to look out for you SW Sydneysiders. Might be able to sneak a few bags out the back door.
Also looking at that Project Applicn - Only 20 full time operational jobs, hard to believe for something that appears huge on the face of it.

Also some interesting info. on Joe Whites : http://www.abb.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?filet...183&mid=517

This is sure to mean much cheaper bulk buys for Sydney folks right!!!! :lol:

Interesting presentation there floppinab, thanks for posting that.
As far as the bulk buys go, unfortunately the output from the Minto plant is going to be 100% export.

cheers

grant

I recently emailed BlueTongue re the new brewery at Tuggerah and they state that they will be going ahead despite the Recession. I wonder where they will get their malt from? A hundred million hectalitre plant would chew its way through a fair bit of malt so I would imagine that this isn't the last mega malt factory to go in.

Would be great to have a JW Malting plant close to Sydney esp if it means some cheaper grain.

I keep wondering each time I drive past Pennant Hills, if the Barrett Burston maltings is still in production their after CUB pulled out of Broadway ?
Managed to get a tour a few years back, and it is a really interesting process to see, and they do run on a slim staff.

Doc

I keep wondering each time I drive past Pennant Hills, if the Barrett Burston maltings is still in production their after CUB pulled out of Broadway ?

Still there I think Doc, my outlaws live 1 street away and pretty sure the old man, who keeps a very keen eye on local comings and goings, has mentioned it in despatches recently.

Yeah, I saw it for the first time a few months back. Drove through and had a look around. Be interesting to get a tour together and maybe grab a pallet of grain at the same time?

Latest posts

Back