Sydney Case Split

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is platinum Sydney based? Sounds like the American stuff only goes through VIC and SA.

Would be worth a try though.

Hopefully they have a different supplier.. Are you going to chase them? Have we heard anything more from cloudwine yet?

Cloudwine has funny opening times if I remember correctly- I've passed on my e-mail address but maybe I'll contact them through their other address.

As a former Victorian I'm happy dealing with them. I'd prefer someone else handle Platinum.

Ok I will shoot them an email and see what they can come up with..

Might also get on to Amato's at Leichardt. They claim to have a pretty big range.

Can't seem to find an website/email address for platinum.. Anyone else found one?

Guys here's the reply looks like 'single prices' but with what seems like a good discount- do you still want to insist on sealed cases?

Hi Michael,

Yes i had discussed it with stewart but was waiting for him to forward me your
email address so that i could correspond with you. Now that i have it there
are no issues!

We use Australia Post as a means of delivering customer wine and beer orders.
Unfortunately they charge us per box sent (16kg limit) regardless of how many
boxes in total. For a box of 24 units to be sent to Sydney, it would cost $15.
Thus your total freight cost would be $360.

With regard to actual beer costs, we generally offer a 10% discount for bulk
orders. Obviously given the size of this order we would be more than happy to
give you a 17.5% discount on single bottle pricing.

In terms of availability it really depends on what you are looking to include.
Assuming you are going for Aussie mircos, most of them should currently be in
stock and if not the turnaround would be no more than a week.

I hope this information is of assistance. If you have any further queries
don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Chris M
Cloudwine

www.slowbeer.com.au for your choices

I'd be interested in these:
Orval
Rochefort 10
Rochefort 8
Scherlanka Urbock
Sunner Kolsche
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nector
Okocim Porter
..hell and a lot others

Actually guys if I read this right we all don't neccessarily have to choose the same 24 beers unless of course they are out of stock then buying a case would make sense so to speak.

I'm over Concord way tomorrow so was going to drop into platinum and drain my wallet. I will report back on anything interesting that falls to hand.

cheers

grant

How long does this look like taking? I'm in Europe in August and might be better off just keeping my powder dry till I get over there.

USA/Canada next year so that will be covered by then too, not that we can get many from there anyway.

USA/Canada next year so that will be covered by then too, not that we can get many from there anyway.

Maybe we could just give our money to Josh and get him to bring us afew cases of the good stuff from the US of A.. I hear he has friends in customs as well so we might be able to get away with the excise.

Good question! It was all go but I think people got sidetracked. Not sure what sidetracked them, but guessing it was either:

• Matthew Johns
  • Swine Flu
  • Global Financial Crisis
  • Other threads such as the PVC hose discussion.

i was just asking as im not really pressed for beer at the moment as i still have all the ones from belgium so next month is fine.

Good question! It was all go but I think people got sidetracked. Not sure what sidetracked them, but guessing it was either:

• Matthew Johns
  • Swine Flu
  • Global Financial Crisis
  • Other threads such as the PVC hose discussion.

Personally i reckon it was the swine flu. Or maybe it was the $200.

Back