• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

(sydney) Borrow A Corny Keg For This Weekend?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I know this is a tall ask, but I've got a slight problem I hope someone can help me with.

I have just finished buying all the parts for my small kegging setup. It's yet to be fully assembled and tested, but it had better work by Saturday because I'm hosting my daughter's 1st birthday party at our house then! :party:

A while ago I bought myself 2 19L, unreconditioned ball-lock corny kegs from eBay. I have replaced the o-rings on them, but because some of the critical kegerator parts are still in transit, I have no way to test if the kegs will hold pressure or not,. :( I know I'm cutting the construction time VERY fine, and there'll be bugger-all time to test and tweak, but 'dem's da breaks.

This is where I'm starting to worry - What if one (or BOTH! :blink: ) don't hold pressure? :eek: I know that one of the lids is missing the rubber feet off its lever, but I'm hoping a ghetto fix will tide me over until I can fix it properly. I'm more worried about this lid than anything else
sad.gif

So, does anyone have a spare keg or even a spare lid that you're not using this weekend that I could borrow please? I'll return any equipment fully cleaned and sanitised I promise
biggrin.gif

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Tim.

Tim,

I can't help with a keg or lid due to my location but I wouldn't worry too much about the missing rubber feet. Once the pressure is up in the keg the lid should hold itself in place. Even at low pouring pressure you would be hard pressed to push the lid in.

daniel

Hey Guys, I know this is a tall ask, but I've got a slight problem I hope someone can help me with.

I have just finished buying all the parts for my small kegging setup. It's yet to be fully assembled and tested, but it had better work by Saturday because I'm hosting my daughter's 1st birthday party at our house then! :party:

A while ago I bought myself 2 19L, unreconditioned ball-lock corny kegs from eBay. I have replaced the o-rings on them, but because some of the critical kegerator parts are still in transit, I have no way to test if the kegs will hold pressure or not,. :( I know I'm cutting the construction time VERY fine, and there'll be bugger-all time to test and tweak, but 'dem's da breaks.

This is where I'm starting to worry - What if one (or BOTH! :blink: ) don't hold pressure? :eek: I know that one of the lids is missing the rubber feet off its lever, but I'm hoping a ghetto fix will tide me over until I can fix it properly. I'm more worried about this lid than anything else
sad.gif

So, does anyone have a spare keg or even a spare lid that you're not using this weekend that I could borrow please? I'll return any equipment fully cleaned and sanitised I promise
biggrin.gif

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Tim.

Send me a PM phrak

Cheers

HK

If you don't have any luck send me a PM/e-mail. I've got a few kegs and I'm sure I can spare one for a week or two. (You don't need it to be full do you :)).

tony

If you still are not sorted out by one of the other helpful AHB members drop me a note, and I can sort you out.
But pickup will need to be tomorrow as I'm offline and outta town from Friday.

Doc

Nope.
Wedding anniversay weekend away. Booze, food, booze, sleep, food, booze, food, booze.......... :p

Doc

Cheers for the offers guys. You're all life savers! :super:

HK1, thanks very much, I've PM'd you :)

Doc, thanks again, I'll let you know if I get stuck for whatever reason :beer:

Tim.

Wedding anniversay weekend away. Booze, food, booze, sleep, food, booze, food, booze..........
That's ALL you do on your wedding anniversary?? :ph34r: :lol: :p

Hope you have a great time away :)

Latest posts

Back