Sydney And Orval

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
I'm going to put down an Orval clone in the next few weeks. I'm going to use the White Labs 1-2 combo (WLP510 and WLP650) but I was keen on doing a side by side with recultured Orval dregs for the Brett. Does anyone know where I can buy Orval in Sydney, preferably inner west? I've seen it at Dans a few times but not for a while at my local Dans (Alexandria).

Thanks!

platinum in concord had a few bottles last time i was there.

Thanks barls - I'll give them a call when I'm back in town.

is the wlp 510 available at the moment? wouldnt mind getting a fresh vial myself if it is.

just checked white labs site looks like it is.

You have trouble finding it Nick, send me a PM. My corner bottleshop sells it and it's easy to get.

I would be happy to post a bottle or two in exchange for the equivalent amount of your resulting brew.

Great minds think alike, I just mashed in an Orval clone myself

Old post but (almost) same question. Anyone seen Orval lately in Sydney - Eastern suburbs ideally?

For a few months there it was everywhere, even in the Coogee Bay Hotel!
But now it's dried up again and looking to get some to sour a dubbel (with added bonus of drinking my favourite beer!)

saw it a month or two ago at beer cartel and also at leura cellars before that.

How long does it normally take for the pellicle to drop ? I've had one in a carboy in the cellar for close to 2 years ( I think) and it still has a thick white pellicle. Primary was 510 with orval dregs into carboy. Previously I've just added dregs to bottling bucket and bottled and drank @ a year later.
cheers

sometimes they just dont.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about persistence of pellicle. If gravity has been stable for 3+ months I think you're fine.

Thanks all, awesome. I'll try Rosebery first and update if it's a thumbs up.
Good luck with the 2 year sour, great effort!

Barnys came up trumps, thanks. Nabbed all 4 on the shelf though they thought they still have a case somewhere.
Great selection, was a new discovery for me. With Steve's cool booze and platinum we're well served out east these days.

Latest posts

Back