Swing Top Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraig20

Reaction score
Im planning a few big beers in the coming months (IIPAs and barleywines) and have a stack of grolsch-type bottles around. Does anyone have any idea what the shelf life for beer in these bottles are? I imagine that the rubber seal would degrade eventually?

I have been using these types of bottles over the past few years for everything from beer, lemoncello, flavoured oils and had no wastage cause from perishing seals!!!!

they are bad.. really bad. Tell you what I'll do, I'll pop over and rid you of them while you enjoy this:

lotrtruthordare.gif

PS: I have some lager off the bottom of the fermenter bottled in them and its brilliant, no loss of carb even with the strong ferment. Really loud pops when I open em :)

Code:
5 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

SUCKERS!!

Did I miss the joke here?

I thought the question was legit.

Been using these for ages...once they are sealed with your beer inside there will be no degradation...that only happens when they are empty and the seals dry out and crack. I replace my seals if that happens, so the trick is to fill em up again as soon as you empty one!

Thanks for the help guys - I didnt think they'd be a problem, just wanted some confirmation.

Latest posts

Back