Supplier of an accurate thermometer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Hi brewers, Anyone know where I can get an accurate thermometer to calibrate everything else I use in my brewery? I had a good digital one that I calibrated in iced water at 0° but I’m not sure I trust it at boiling temp as it’s out by a few degrees. It shows 98°.

Lavatools. I got the Thermowand and tested it side by side with the genuine USA thermapen and it reads exactly the same from low to 100c.

Been good reports on here about our sponsors Inkbird thermometer.
61FWj7tu2iL._AC_UL436_.jpg

I use a thermapen. While expensive at first, it's way better than the 10+ thermometers I bought that never seemed to work properly.

I picked one up couple weeks ago from a kitchen place that's a warehouse. As for accuracy, it reads 101.5c in boiling tap water, and in a glass of ice water it reads -1.4c. Okey dokey. I'm bayside Melbourne so no elevation to worry about it affecting boil temps.

My Accurite thermometer reads 100.0c in boiling water and 0.3c in a glass of ice water. Costs the same as the inkbird but waaaaayyyyy slower, 30-40secs for a stable reading compared to approx 5 secs for the Inkbird.

So I trust my accurite and put the inkbird to a side by side test and in water being brought to the boil they were much the same ie at 50c through to 95c they were within 0.3c of one another [emoji108].

I contacted Inkbird about the accuracy via their support email address. They said locate the dealer as you didn't buy direct from us or the ebay store...I put it in the too hard basket and since its as accurate as my Accurite from 50c-95c I'll just live with it.

Hope that helps. Cheers drink beers [emoji482]

Hi brewers, Anyone know where I can get an accurate thermometer to calibrate everything else I use in my brewery? I had a good digital one that I calibrated in iced water at 0° but I’m not sure I trust it at boiling temp as it’s out by a few degrees. It shows 98°.
Thermapen

Back