Sunday Lunch @ The Pink Poodle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Any Gold coasters feel up to a few beers at the Belgian Cafe this Sunday?
StillScottish and I should be there for day three of a pub crawl, just look for two physical wrecks with annoyed wives.

At risk of putting this off topic, day three? How long is it and what's the schedule?

Creepers Jeepers,
With a name like the Pink Poodle I suppose you have to be gay, or at least a metrosexual, to gain entry?

It's actually an all right bar, similar to the SA belgian beer cafe but not quite as awesome.

Hey, its a Gold Coast Icon :blink:

Friday -"The Pub with no Beer"
Saturday - Northern Rivers Brewery
Sunday - Gold Coast Belgian Cafe
Monday - doing whatever SWMBO wants to do.

I'd be keen, but I've already spent WAY too much money at this place. I don't even want to think about the numbers. I could've re-purchased all my brew gear at least twice over.
The Chimay Blanche on tap is great, and one of the cheaper beers there at $8, I think.
426558598_278b9606a0_b.jpg

136345217_9aa8b1926d.jpg

The website and menu. (although, some beers are missing).

Damn! I wish you guys had posted this last week.... I walked past this place on the way back to the strip on Thursday night after eating just up the road at Flames on the River... If I'd have known i would have pulled up for a roadie for sure

Flames is awesome! great food and location. We're in walking distance of all these places. Having the Pink Poodle close is bad news.

Maaaaate... The food was sensational, and work was paying so bring on the Wagyu.. :icon_drool2:

One found via Flickr of the real pink poodle... Turns out my wife took this one :)
426522967_cfaed17ab0_b.jpg

We should be there about 12-1pm if anyones thinking of joining us. B)

:icon_offtopic: But had to share :p

No joke, this place changed my beer tastes forever.. When I was over in the GC last november, this place was just round the corner from where we were staying, I had never tried an "Imported Stella" which was my favourite beer at the time (spew), I remember walking in and ordering a Stella, the guy behind the bar looked at me blankly, before telling me "you dont want that mate"

I was confused and taken aback a bit, id never had this at a bar before...

The guy then poured me a small glass of Hoegaarden to try (for free as well B) ) I very quickly proceeded to order one...

And you know what they say, the rest is history...

One found via Flickr of the real pink poodle... Turns out my wife took this one :)
Hang on.. werent you having a shot at me earlier in the week about "girley beers", you Big Nace? :p

Pink poodle indeed!

Haha... yeah. I've taken clients to the Pink Poodle before. I always tell them the name before explaining it's not some gay hang-out.

Have you guys seen that cheesy new TV show "The Strip"? There was a couple of scenes based around the Pink Poodle, although they didn't really show the bar.

Haha... yeah. I've taken clients to the Pink Poodle before. I always tell them the name before explaining it's not some gay hang-out.

Have you guys seen that cheesy new TV show "The Strip"? There was a couple of scenes based around the Pink Poodle, although they didn't really show the bar.
No.. havent seen the show, but we did go there for beers Christmas before last while in Brisneyland districts.

Back