Summer Ale/Blonde recipe feedback

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan on brewing on the 20th... so tasting still a while off.

i was also thinking today, that i might pour myself a half half Citra/ADHA once they have finished carbing and conditioning, to see how they mix

well to follow this up, bottled the ADHA one week ago, they carbonated in record time so i tasted one at the 5 day mark.

It was very well balanced, dry finish (1.008), but a little sweetness from the hops.
As to be expected from the recipe, it isnt an explosion of flavor, but thats not what i made it for.
I think this new hop suits this beer really well. Its subtle sweetness, and aroma is just plain nice. there's not enough if it to really get a good read on what it is like... but it works here
It came in at ~3.5% pre priming, do about 3.7-3.8 bottled. that was one criteria.
I can also see me knocking a sixer of these down on a summer arvo without batting an eyelid.

Of course, being my first attempt, i think i have a good base to start tweaking.
As you all mentioned, doing a lite pale beer, it will end up with not much backbone. But i needed a starting point... and to know exactly how little of a back bone it had.
so my tweaks for v1.1:

Boil Size: 60.20 l
Post Boil Volume: 57.20 l
Batch Size (fermenter): 50.00 l
Bottling Volume: 45.00 l
Estimated OG: 1.035 SG
Estimated Color: 7.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 25.7 IBUs
Estimated ABV: 3.5%
Brewhouse Efficiency: 85.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 93.5 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
4.50 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.9 EBC) Grain 1 69.2 %
1.25 kg Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC) Grain 2 19.2 %
0.50 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 3 7.7 %
0.25 kg Caramunich I (Weyermann) (100.5 EBC) Grain 4 3.8 %

Cube hop (15mins) to ~25 IBU. Unsure of hops yet.

Latest posts

Back