Suggestions -> My Next Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sm0902

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm open to suggestions on what I might brew next. I'll be putting two brews down, one of Coopers Pale Ale (always turns out good), and something new to try. I've listed below my likes and dislikes in beer (commercially brewed) ... again, I'm happy to receive suggestions. Not sure if there's a pattern below (except perhaps my drinking habits!).

** My brewing methods are from brew tins, extracts & hops available - one tub then to bottles (Nothing advanced) **

Dislikes:

Cold
Dry
New
Hahn Premium
Cascade Premium (although I don't mind the light if I have to drink it)
Crown (highly overrated in my opinion)
Don't really go for Stouts, olds, etc.

Carlton Draught (drank it for 17 years until I switched to H/B)
Grolsch
Coopers Pale Ale
Bass
Peroni
Heineken
Corona (with the lemon)
Southhawk Premium
I've tried a few Japanese beers (Keiran (not sure about the spelling) and something else).
Lowenbrau
Boddingtons + Kilkenny (but I struggle to drink more than a couple)
and I don't mind the Indian Kingfisher.

Thanks all ....

Any of the ESB 3kg tins are good.... they have several that would suit your tatses, you could add some hops for fun. :beerbang:
you could check out sluggerdogs website, which does reviews of most (all) the kits available these days. Its a good read.

Sluggers site

sm0902, with your tastes something I could recommend is a morgans canidan light or coopers canidian blonde.

Add a brew pack to this with atleast 500 grams of dextrose and the rest dried malt and wack in some tettanger hops (10-20 grams)

This was one of my first brews and was a cracker. (better then a lot since..)

If you have access to a fermenting fridge then you can try some different things such as the ESB pilsner etc and a lager yeast.

The above brew when I did it, I used safale at around 25C and was still great.

Should do it again sometime with a lager yeast..

Very easy to drink.

lookin through your likes list sm0902, have ya thought about putting down a 15l fresh wort kit quick an easy and it should suit the style you like maybe a larger if you have a fermenting fridge or brew it with a ale yeast, done that before an it turns out fine. occ

Latest posts

Back