Suggestions For An Idiot Who Forgot To Aerate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkesbier

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and realised that I had forgotten to aerate my wort before pitching yesterday. I have thrown in an 11g packet of US05 about 11 AM yesterday and by this morning it had a krausen. Is the damage already done? And is there anything I could do to fix this situation if it has been damaged. I actually have another brew running with US05 at present and was thinking of skimming healthy yeast from the krausen of the other brew to pitch into my underaerated brew. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers
Starkesbier

You don't have to aerate when using dry yeast. Dry yeast come all packed with "enough" cells and nutrients to start fermenting. It'll be fine. RDWHAHB.

You don't have to aerate when using dry yeast. Dry yeast come all packed with "enough" cells and nutrients to start fermenting. It'll be fine. RDWHAHB.

+1 - No worries at all, I never aerate my dried yeast brews.

Cheers Ross

Thanks guys, that sets my mind at ease. I had wondered about that, as the safale packets have approximately twice the amount of yeast as the yeast packets under cap of a tin of goo. Appreciate the comments

Latest posts

Back