Suggested 50L Braumeister recipes for a wedding?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazeboar

Reaction score
Hi all,

A good friend of mine is getting married in September and I'd like to make three beers, an American Pale, a Golden Ale and a Dark Ale.

Do you have any suggestions for tried and tested 50L recipes with step mashing (because I can) that are going to please a lot of people? I usually do 20L BIAB batches but I'm borrowing a Braumeister for the wedding.

My only guideline is that I must use Cascade hops somewhere in the boil for the American Pale (I sourced some cones locally). I don't want to go overboard with bitterness levels or make the beers too inaccessible, seeking refreshing tropical notes and high sessionability in the first two and some elegant and simple coffee/chocolate characteristics in a Dark/Porter.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance,

Darren

My suggestions is do what you want, If no one likes it no one will ask you to brew beer for their wedding every again.
I am currently in the process of doing 8 x19l cornies for my brother in laws wedding.

I just did 2 kegs of smurto golden ale no dry hop,2 kegs of Timothy Taylor landlord and 1 keg of the better red than dead red Irish ale with 1084 yeast which is a fantastic drop in my GF for my nanas 100th birthday celebration. All the beer was a hit with the guests/extended family. Prob about 30 odd beer drinkers there.
I did the landlord with the 1469 yeast, and other with us05.

Definitely give yourself sometime, so you can let the beer age for a couple of weeks to settle flavours and the carbonic bite from carbing to subside.

All receipes from the data base, thanks to those that submitted them they are true top shelf.

Also, unless all hop heads, just stick with something easy and nice.

Good luck, my brews caused such a sensation that I'm getting another request from a relative for kegs at a 40th.

Cheers

Smurtos Golden Ale is always a crowd pleaser. Id be looking at a couple of session beers without too much hop or malt character. Something that the mega swillers amongst the crowd will appreciate. Id do a Cream Ale & maybe Andrew Queenslands st louis lager. Very nice beers & very moorish especially if you have some nice salty prawns on the nibbles menu.

I will let you all know what I made after the wedding and what the feedback was like on the beers.

Latest posts

Back