Stupid Weekend Warriors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Headed out to the shops with the wife & kids yesterday for about an hour.
Got home about 1hr later and found the neighbours in the other side of our duplex got some weekend warriors to cut down their cocos palm in the front yard.
Wow, pretty fast job, I thought, as they were already packing up.

Started bringing in the shopping, and the neighbour came up all apologetic, telling me what happened.
Instead of cutting off the top branches a few at a time, they just cut straight across, in gale force wind, and it all came down and took out our lime tree. The thing's still alive, but looks like someone sat on it! The WW came up and said 'Soooolly. It lime tee, it spling back in no taaime!" (bad attempt at typing accent).

FFS the tree HAD an awesome crop of limes coming through, and would've been ready in time for my cerveza.
Neighbour offered to reimburse me with some potted coloured plants, or even a replacement tree, but you know, being the good neighbour I'm like "naah it's good, it'll grow back".

And yeah, it should grow back. But still who would cut down a tree in yesterday's wind?
Glad we were out. I wonder if they would've asked us to move our car?

Vent over.

Unreal.

People just dont have the ability to think nowadays.

If the wind was blowing the other way they wouldve crushed themselves!

Fingers crossed the lime tree comes back with a vengeance.

Unreal.

People just dont have the ability to think nowadays.

If the wind was blowing the other way they wouldve crushed themselves!

Fingers crossed the lime tree comes back with a vengeance.
Yeah it should. All the cuttings (had to clean it up) have been shoved in the ground for the time being. If they start growing, bonus. But I'm no green thumb. That's why I like this tree. It just grows and grows and I don't have to do a thing to it.

I am no fruit tree expert by any means, however I suspect most fruit trees need to be grafted onto a root stock... that being said you never know they may take off!

The neighbours certainly wont be getting any of your Cerveza to sample after their efforts now!

It was god telling you that citrus has no place near beer.

Back