Stuffed Up Need Help Quick!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just pitch and then use whatever method you use to keep the temp at 18. By the time the yeast gets going it should be down to temp. I'd be too paranoid to leave the wort without yeast for too long, but thats just me though.

Whatever you do, I wouldn't stress too much, Whether its incorrect hops or the absence of bottle caps, something usually goes wrong when you make beer. Its just the nature of the beast.

Now we're going to find that the yeast in question is Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison, which would rock at that 28C. :D

Yeah... but not so much in an APA...

If you are using US-05, it's a fairly neutral, clean yeast and is a bit less prone to throwing huge fruity esters than say something like a 1272 or 1318. Get it as cool as you can before bed and then just innoculate it. I would use at least two sachets for a double batch and probably even three to get it up and rocking as quick as possible.

Edit: Sorry, your double batch is only 39 litres, at my place it's 60L... 2 sachets is oodles

Buy some cubes and no chill correctly,then you'll be able to pitch at your leisure, much more convenient.

For your present dilemma,I'd chill in a water/ice bath or both to pitching temp and inoculate as soon as possible.

This.

wet towels, coke bottles filled with water in freezer & fridge, ice bricks.... anything is better than nothing. Keep pouring chilled water on the towels.

Mitch, cubes !!! Go to LHBS and ask for spent cubes from fresh wort used !! Worked well for me in Brissy!! Lost most due to move to WA.. Dammit.. Try .. What's the worst that can happen???

my 2 cents.

I did one yesterday.

I collect old ice cream containers and fill them with water and stick them into my beer fridge's freezer.
Comes in handy having all this ice on hand for many different esky related things.

anyway I just wack the pot straight into the laundry tub with water for abut an hour.

Then let the water out .

Next , I add a few containers of ice into tub and fill with water to get a slurry.

do that maybe on emore time an hour later and the wort has cooled.
By the time you fill the fermenter with wort and tap water the wort is 20 dgrs or less.

good to go .

Latest posts

Back