"Stuff up of the week"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeddog

Reaction score
Can anyone beat this for "Stuff up of the Week".
Cold crashed 55lts of APA Wednesday night. Only to discover today that I hadn't removed the blow off tube to a 20lt bucket of up un-sanitaized water. My 55lt is brimming my 60lt fermenter with 65lts.

Oh and the fiscal overlord broke my stick thermometer today as well..

look on the up side my beers chilled and there 65lts :huh:

Fuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done. Just taste it, will probably be ok asit was sanitiser....

i've done the same mate, although i was luckier as it was sanitiser.

poor bugger. sorry to hear!

Oh...bugger...in that case....but you might get lucky....

Was going to suggest you quickly re-boil the whole lot for 15 mins, then chill again. Then I read the "Wednesday" part in your second line.

Sorry, dude, she's a gonna.

:(

homer-simpson-facepalm.jpg

jeddog said:
Sorry un-sanitised water..

DAMN!!!!!
Seems like K & K brewers add multi litres of this stuff every brew, and it turns out somewhat drinkable or even better some of the time..
Your AG brew should be fine if it was sucked back early in the fermentation, surely?

It does seem the "blow water" is sitting on top of the beer. I check the SG and its the same as the last time I tested before CC...

And the taste is good.

warra48 said:
Seems like K & K brewers add multi litres of this stuff every brew, and it turns out somewhat drinkable or even better some of the time..
Your AG brew should be fine if it was sucked back early in the fermentation, surely?
True, it works out okay when fresh from the tap, a reasonably clean delivery system. I'm basing my assumption that the bucket had been sitting there for a while, and hadn't itself been sanitised.

As you mentioned above, if it tastes good, go for it. Maybe just drink it quick.

Latest posts

Back