Stubbies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieh

Reaction score
Ive got around 2 slabs of stubbies that are empty and need filling with coppers canadian blonde and or tooheys special lager......question tho....some of the stubbies have mould and shit in them....is it possible to clean the shit out of them or is it better to just throw them out and get more stubbies else where(my oldman after he finishes his beer)

Ive got around 2 slabs of stubbies that are empty and need filling with coppers canadian blonde and or tooheys special lager......question tho....some of the stubbies have mould and shit in them....is it possible to clean the shit out of them or is it better to just throw them out and get more stubbies else where(my oldman after he finishes his beer)

You could soak them is some Napisan and give them a good scrub with a bottle brush, just check them thoroughly before using, some mould can be quite stubborn... :unsure: Or just get some PET bottles... :)

Or better still... KEGS... :super:

:icon_cheers: CB

so im guessing that if i get the mould off the bottles (out of them)...once the beer is in them the beer wont get any funny tastes or anything from the mould having been in the stubbies?

and once they're clean chuck em in the oven for an hour on 200C... should sort out most of the bad guys living inside them

You do what to your stubbies? :unsure:

Cut the handle/loop off a bottle brush and whack it in a cordless drill. Soak the bottles in a solution of your fave sanitiser (Pink/KGB/blah blah) and give it a hit with the drill scrubber.

I know it's too late now, but man it saves a lot of work if you give them three hot rinses when you drink them

Back