Stone and Wood PACIFIC clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheBaron said:
Would you mind posting your kit recipe for this? I had this beer for the first time last weekend and really want to try and recreate it but I'm still just a lowly kit brewer.
I've posted it a few times around the forum, the last time was here - second post down.

Real easy; if you know how to steep grains and use hops it'll come out well. I enjoy it best after about 4 weeks in the bottle when it has begun to mellow but those hop flavors are still nice and fresh.

If you want to make it extra fruity and have the extra galaxy hops laying about you could try changing the hop additions from 30g @ 5 minutes to 20g @15 + 20g @ 5minutes (leave the dry hopping unchanged) otherwise it's still a cracker of a recipe IMHO.

EDIT: Daemon has an AG Stone & Wood Pacific ale clone in the recipe section he calls his Sticks & Stones or if you want to try some more aggressive hopping you could use his grain list and steal the hop schedule from BCs Pacificale extract recipe.

menoetes said:
I've posted it a few times around the forum, the last time was here - second post down.

Real easy; if you know how to steep grains and use hops it'll come out well. I enjoy it best after about 4 weeks in the bottle when it has begun to mellow but those hop flavors are still nice and fresh.

If you want to make it extra fruity and have the extra galaxy hops laying about you could try changing the hop additions from 30g @ 5 minutes to 20g @15 + 20g @ 5minutes (leave the dry hopping unchanged) otherwise it's still a cracker of a recipe IMHO.

EDIT: Daemon has an AG Stone & Wood Pacific ale clone in the recipe section he calls his Sticks & Stones or if you want to try some more aggressive hopping you could use his grain list and steal the hop schedule from BCs Pacificale extract recipe.
Thanks mate, that was exactly what I was after. I've also just started using grains and hops so it's about right for my skill level at the moment. Really looking forward to giving it a go!

Latest posts

Back