Stone And Wood Brewing Company

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe that the Draught Ale is now available at one of my local watering holes, The Point Ballina. The Stone and Wodd website confirms this.

So it looks like I may be popping in for a cleansing Ale or 2.

BTW, Hargie, if your out there, do you guys instruct pubs to agitate your kegs at all? Some places Ive had it (draught ale) its been nice and cloudy, almost hefe like, whilst other places it has settled out and pours with very little haze at all??

Cheers

...yes Matt, we ask the pubs to give the kegs a swirl from time to time, how well they communicate that to their own staff is up to them i guess....also as the kegs are nearly empty they tend to clear up a bit as, just like at home, the yeast has just about all been drawn out and the last of the beer is often brighter as a result...

...The Point Restaurant is sensational....the Pale Lager was tasting fantastic last time i was over there....as was the duck....and the pinot....

Cheers
Scott

Scott, who do I have to suck up to, to get the Draught Ale put on at the Point as well as the lager???

Cheers

...yes Matt, we ask the pubs to give the kegs a swirl from time to time, how well they communicate that to their own staff is up to them i guess....also as the kegs are nearly empty they tend to clear up a bit as, just like at home, the yeast has just about all been drawn out and the last of the beer is often brighter as a result...

...The Point Restaurant is sensational....the Pale Lager was tasting fantastic last time i was over there....as was the duck....and the pinot....

Cheers
Scott

Shot up to the Rails in Byron yesterday to sample the new filly from the Stone and Wood stables, the Kellerbier (see link). Nice and malty but with a refreshing hop bitterness, aroma and flavour. Hops? hmm what are they??, another winner!!

A real shame I could only stay for two as the bar girl suggested I stay until the keg was finished, but somehow the car keys landed in MY pocket. :angry:

The girl behind the bar said they have had it on for less than week and had been through 4 or 5 kegs already (after getting some more from the brewery). She said they were on the last half a keg (glad I didnt let SWMBO talk me into going up today, as Im sure they would have ran out by now!!

Got many kegs left guys?

http://stoneandwood.com.au/blog/tag/kellerbier/

We've gone thru 4 kegs in 24 hours, its a bit of a killerbier it seems ...

Shot up to the Rails in Byron yesterday to sample the new filly from the Stone and Wood stables, the Kellerbier (see link). Nice and malty but with a refreshing hop bitterness, aroma and flavour. Hops? hmm what are they??, another winner!!

A real shame I could only stay for two as the bar girl suggested I stay until the keg was finished, but somehow the car keys landed in MY pocket. :angry:

The girl behind the bar said they have had it on for less than week and had been through 4 or 5 kegs already (after getting some more from the brewery). She said they were on the last half a keg (glad I didnt let SWMBO talk me into going up today, as Im sure they would have ran out by now!!

Got many kegs left guys?

http://stoneandwood.com.au/blog/tag/kellerbier/

...Gday Matt,
I was at the Rails last nite with my lovely wife for a quick couple of Kellys and have to say i was very happy with how its tasting....very happy indeed...had all the Rails staff from the licensee down demanding we make more....it must be gone by now....

Cheers
Scott

Back