Stick Mixer To Aerate Wort.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another option is to drive air into the wort with a SS airstone, and aquarium pump (with an inline air filter). This would be my preference as you are driving air (containing part oxygen of course) into the wort - which is what you want.

How much oxygen are you actually going to get into the wort with a hand blender and a small opening (hole for the cube lid is relatively small).

Splashing around on the surface of the wort in a NC cube seems like a lot of risk (of infection) for minimal reward in regards to getting oxygen into your wort.

My 2c.

just asking if he had a particular reason he didnt want to ferment in a fermentor. I know some people prefer it. I was more asking him to clarify if thats what he was meaning or whetehr I was misread the post.

my cubes are always too full to ferment in. except when i got an infection in a 3/4 full cube once and it started fermenting in the cube.... I added more hops and fermentables and suprisingly it came out ok

You'd be surprised. I fill mine pretty close to top - usually maybe a litre headspace before squeezing out the air.

I used a fermenter the other day because I had about 23 litres of wort plus an active identical wort starter of around 4 litres and the krausen leakage from a 30+L fermenter was much bigger than any of my cubes.

I wouldn't use a stick mixer in my wort. If you read the reviews on them there are so many of them that hold food scraps in places you can't clean.

cheap wire whisk, cut the loop on the handle end. Put that in a drill. If it will froth egg whites it will aerate wort.. for under $5

How the hell can you fit a mash paddle or paint mixer through the hole of a cube?

I am used to cramming big things into small holes but geez. :lol:
I was going to use one of thoseong handled slotted spoons. Might give tilts idea with the footy a try.

@ Manticle. Yes certainly could do with some more upper body strength. Lol

just take the cube down to bunnings, get them to throw it on the paint mixer machine.

fergi :super:

just take the cube down to bunnings, get them to throw it on the paint mixer machine.

fergi :super:

assuming you can find someone in bunnings that can HELP throw it into the paint mixer machine.... :icon_cheers:

i thought it was only over in sa that they all hide when a customer looks like they want sevice.

fergi

i thought it was only over in sa that they all hide when a customer looks like they want sevice.

fergi

nah mate, it's only in SA do they run and hide when they realise we know more than they do about their own products.... :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back