Sterilock Airlock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I'll just use it for cold crashing then. How annoying! Manufacturer doesn't seem to have acknowledged their product is completely not fit for purpose.

barls said:
take it to a separate thread bribie don't hijack this one.
as for the sterilocks i found that i could get about 2/3s of the volume out and then it slowed to a trickle.
Jahwohl unser kommondant

Mine are the same DJ. I always used a blow off for fermentation as I fill my brew buckets pretty full but I tried the Sterilock on a 16L batch recently and found it built a lot of pressure in the fermentor. They're fine for cold crashing and conditioning but I'll stick to a blow off or 2 piece airlock for fermenting and use one of my WW's if I want to ferment under pressure.

Herr Bribie, I'd measure the height of your clips and see if they're all even. If one or two aren't try putting a bend in them to help them pull down more.

I think we should all gather our pitch forks and torches and take this to Sterilock. They have much to answer for!!!

I have mostly just been using my WW's for no chilling.

Back