Stereotypes: Brewers have beards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a bearded brewer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (although if I could, I would be)

• No

• Sometimes

• Total voters
Black Devil Dog said:
Since we're talking stereotypes.

In my travels, I've found that older blokes with grey goatees often seem a bit too serious.
71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee46e6de9d981f02268d87422f.jpg

This bloke is the exception to the rule.

16002996_1293323510725746_9056157559795392774_n.jpg

His beard isn't very grey yet though, so give him time and the smile will go.

Edit: I'd have a smile like that if I had his $ and his Virgin hostesses.

I dunno how all you's with beards ever got past the itchy stage, after a week I'm all pissed off and itching like a *******,

Benn said:
I dunno how all you's with beards ever got past the itchy stage, after a week I'm all pissed off and itching like a *******,
The key is to brave it once and then never shave again.

EDIT: I realise my beard is pretty weak in my avatar. That photo was the result of asking for the "Barber's Choice" service that was on offer.

This thread has been fun, I hope it lasts until Friday night.
That's when the real fun starts around here!

Benn said:

Well I assume you made it with the pubic hair growth stage. Only difference is is not in your pants.

i go between having a beard or a goaty and being clean shaved. cant say ive ever noticed a difference in my beer brewed at different stages of facial hair.

Black Devil Dog said:
Since we're talking stereotypes.

In my travels, I've found that older blokes with grey goatees often seem a bit too serious.
Indeed

beardreavement3_sm.jpg

I brewed three years without a beard. Then I grew a beard and started winning medals for my beers, coincidence? Maybe.

I had a full beard and mo all through my 20s then shaved it off when I was about to turn 30 (thought I was getting old!) Then at 47 I grew a goatee. Suits me, everybody said. Plus, I ain't got much hair on top of my head, so I need to grow my beard so i don't look like a billiard ball!

wide eyed and legless said:
I got my wife to do a handstand naked in front of a mirror once, just to see what I would look like with a goatie
Nah. Seeing my lips run from nose to chin was ******* terrifying. Never again.

I've had a beard a few times (pre and post brewing) but keep getting called Osama Bin Ladin. I work at the airport and after awhile the security guards start to hesitate to let me in, and the constant strip searching starts to get a bit annoying!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1484518824.329211.jpg

I grew a beard as soon as it got trendy. My 50-year old ass hangs out of those skinny jeans as much as you could hope for. I use beard oil like Jeri-Curl. Fortunately I spent years in the wine industry, so I can speak at length about my Melbourne Bitter with wit and aplomb.

Would you like to hear about my manscaping?

Benn said:
The your not doing it right

Latest posts

Back