Stc1000 Wiring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just having a read of the guides. doesn't seem as hard as I thought so I might have a go myself. I got my second controller in the mail last week, but it's still sitting in the box.

Just one question: what do you use to connect the wires to the terminals on the unit? Do you just strip the wire and are they held in with a plate or screw setup? Do they need to be soldered?

Just one question: what do you use to connect the wires to the terminals on the unit? Do you just strip the wire and are they held in with a plate or screw setup? Do they need to be soldered?

You just need one of those little flathead jewelers' screwdrivers. A lot of $2 Shops have a whole set of them for, well two bucks.

Cut and strip the wires with 10mm of copper and then twist the copper into a tight coil, and fold it back on itself - then poke 5mm in the hole and screw it down tight. Tug on it (the wire) lightly to test it is all good.

When you're all done, give the wired STC to anyone with half a brain - and hand them the wiring diagram. Don't tell them anything, just ask them to compare both. Sometimes you don't see the bottle opener in the drawer, even though it's there, and someone else picks it right up..

never soldered mate, bang rm right on in there with a bit of a twist to them...

if ya want/need a hand let me know.. I just used some connectors but I know some just wire right to the point....

Yob

i got my stc-1000 back as it became a too hard basket for someone but speaking with a fridgie yesterday. he gave me the impression that this should be wired in to replace the existing thermostat? but i dont understand why or if it should as the uni controls the temp and not the fridges thermostat. or am i ass about face here?

i got my stc-1000 back as it became a too hard basket for someone but speaking with a fridgie yesterday. he gave me the impression that this should be wired in to replace the existing thermostat? but i dont understand why or if it should as the uni controls the temp and not the fridges thermostat. or am i ass about face here?

I don't know a lot about fridge thermostat, but I would think it *could* be wired in to replace the existing thermostat.

Whether it should be is a different question.

No need, the probe will regulate when the fridge turn on and off, the probe effectivly becomes the fridge thermostat. just plug the fridge into the STC1000, attach probe to side of fermenter and come back in a week.

Yob

No need, the probe will regulate when the fridge turn on and off, the probe effectivly becomes the fridge thermostat. just plug the fridge into the STC1000, attach probe to side of fermenter and come back in a week.

Yob

And turn the fridge to maximum cold

Here's a couple of pics of how I wired mine up

318514_10150423765495867_709280866_10557102_977838506_n.jpg

296077_10150423765575867_709280866_10557103_25352993_n.jpg

wire is bendy bro you can fold it up, I spread everything out for the photo - here it is installed in the jiffy box

400140_10150589343945867_709280866_11228332_1952837633_n.jpg

got a bit scratched on one side as I forgot to put some cardboard down on the ground when I was filing out the holes

396324_10150589344085867_709280866_11228333_1121896771_n.jpg

Back