Stc1000 Wiring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milob40

i'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
Reaction score
hi, does anyone have pics of an stc-1000 temp controller wiring set up,
i have searched but only find the fridgemate version.
thanks heaps in advance.

hi, does anyone have pics of an stc-1000 temp controller wiring set up,
i have searched but only find the fridgemate version.
thanks heaps in advance.

Does this help?

IMG_0231_1_.JPG

The brown cable going into the same terminal as the red cable (left hand side of pic) is the hard or unswitched active.. This is the side of the extension lead which plugs into the wall.

The other brown is going into the terminal next to the red (right hand side of image). This brown is for the female side of the cord and is what the fridge will plug into..

If you can avoid cutting the earth, keep it intact.

If you're not that good with a pair of pliers, make sure you join them back together with a 2x Screw BP connector..

Remember, this is all 240V stuff so make sure it's all enclosed in a box rated to those voltages...

My 2c worth - Check the wiring 3 times over without noticing any faults before plugging it in!

My 2c worth - Check the wiring 3 times over without noticing any faults before plugging it in!

Or do all the work yourself, and if you know a sparkie? Just get them to have a quick look at it for you.. Some of us give advice for free!

Why don't you wire it up and post the images on AHB?

Keep us all posted how it goes, and if you have any doubts at all, stay away from the outlet.

thanks everone who replied very helpful pics on the above link.
the wiring is a bit different to my fridgemate.
the reason i needed it is "the dog quite literally ate my homework" .
the instructions blew off the table in my shed.
i will get my sparky mate to give it the tick of approval as per usual

If you can avoid cutting the earth, keep it intact.

If you're not that good with a pair of pliers, make sure you join them back together with a 2x Screw BP connector..

Remember, this is all 240V stuff so make sure it's all enclosed in a box rated to those voltages...
so the is the black jiffy box that craft brewer or jaycar sell ok?

I've used the Jajcar one - worked out great with the STC1000

so the is the black jiffy box that craft brewer or jaycar sell ok?

Yeah mate, they'll do the trick for sure.. I just used a bigger one to give it a bit of room to breathe..

Another important note:

Maintain double insulation all the way into the box.. You can see what this is when you cut the extension cord. One layer of insulation around the copper conductors themselves, and another surrounding those.
You want that top layer to go all the way into the box.

If you do decide for whatever reason to put it in a metal box, thats not a problem, however you must must must earth the box also..
That way if an active cable inside the box breaks away, and touches the box itself, rather than livening upto 240v, it will trip you RCD/Circuit Breaker or blow the fuse back at the board.

that's almost exactly how i set mine up and i'd never seen a setup like it before... funny how people have the same ideas independantly,

mine's got switched gpo's on the sides so i can easily isolate heating or cooling as i wish...

the only hassle i had was actually fitting the stc1000 into the front panel... it seemed like the orange clip didnt' want to go down the thickness of the box i used... weird, anyways it's superglued in now! worked fine, still going strong...

A credit to you sir. Very very clever.

just took some pics

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG
probe goes into thermowell in the fermenter...

heat belt and probe wires just go through the door opening, the fridge seal forms around them ok...
IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

And HPM GPO's too??

Want a job?

was one of those have to build it now kind of things and HPM was all Bunnos had in slimline GPO's

always thought if i go and do a trade sparky will be the one...

if i was still living in sydney i'd be 'hounding' you on that offer....

at 34 years old, i'm sitting tight for a few years in current job, once the parenting stuff is a bit further done i might do a really mature age apprenticeship!

Back