Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had my probe in a tallie in the keg fridge submerged in water for about 4-5 months now and still working strong so they do work submerged, For my fermenting fridges they are just put on the side insulated with styrofoam and duct taped on. I think it would be a pain to try clean and sanitise them and drop in the fermenter

I put my probes inside 3/8 beer line with one end melted together to seal it and push the other end of the beer line through a 17mm bored bung fits in tallies and in the hole in fermenter after Iv'e drilled it larger.

I bought a controller from metapark on ebay. Even though the picture and description didnt have stc-1000 in it, the arrived unit was a 'genuine' stc-1000. Cost me $16AU landed at my door 13 days after ordering. Cant complain about that!

I just received my STC 1000's from Metapark.

10 days from order to receiving the goods.

Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Same on mine too! Those little screws are a pain in the ass, the head of the metal screw is so soft. I reckon worst case you could replace them with new ones of similar size of better quality. The plastic casing should be able to handle a slightly different screw size.

I'll give that a go if I can get these warped screws out of the box. First attempt wasn't successful.

I bought a controller from metapark on ebay. Even though the picture and description didnt have stc-1000 in it, the arrived unit was a 'genuine' stc-1000. Cost me $16AU landed at my door 13 days after ordering. Cant complain about that!

I just received my STC 1000's from Metapark.

10 days from order to receiving the goods.

Couldn't recommend highly enough.

I ordered 4 more of these bad boys from the same people. 6 ordered in total now. They are a great little unit... (1 of the next 4 is a spare, three are for mates I have to wire up for)

:icon_cheers:

Sorry, the answer to this question is probably somewhere within the 15 pages of this thread, but I don'thave the time to read all that.

Just want to know if this machine does heating and cooling at the same time (like the tempmate would) or whether you can only do one at a time (like the fridgemate?)

I would like a temp mate but 75 seems kind of steep, so is this a good substitute?

Sorry, the answer to this question is probably somewhere within the 15 pages of this thread, but I don'thave the time to read all that.

Just want to know if this machine does heating and cooling at the same time (like the tempmate would) or whether you can only do one at a time (like the fridgemate?)

I would like a temp mate but 75 seems kind of steep, so is this a good substitute?
Yes, it has 2 circuits. One for heating and one for cooling. It switches between the two.

No need to read all 15 pages, but taking the time just to read the 1st page would have answered your question.

Best post is on page 2, post #27. It contains a more accurate wiring diagram.

No need to read all 15 pages, but taking the time just to read the 1st page would have answered your question.

Best post is on page 2, post #27. It contains a more accurate wiring diagram.

Yeah I did read the first page, but I just wanted to make sure it heats and cools at the same time (or rather automatically switches between the two)

Any major reason to avoid this in favour of the tempmate? Build quality still OK?

Any major reason to avoid this in favour of the tempmate? Build quality still OK?

at $17 delivered I doubt you will find better mate, in all those 15 pages Ive not read a bad thing on them. Ive just bought my second (dont know how I did without it) and feel I got ripped for paying $24 delivered :blink: ... I should have bought more.. matter of fact... I has got me some ebaying to do.. :ph34r:

at $17 delivered I doubt you will find better mate, in all those 15 pages Ive not read a bad thing on them. Ive just bought my second (dont know how I did without it) and feel I got ripped for paying $24 delivered :blink: ... I should have bought more.. matter of fact... I has got me some ebaying to do.. :ph34r:

Yeah no doubt about the great price. If anything it's too good, that's why I'm skeptical about the quality. But it seems the AHB community has given it the thumbs up, so that's all I need.

Cheapest I see it on ebay though is 24 USD

can anyone tell me if this controller would work with the stainless ntc sensor at craftbrewer?
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=955

Or a cheaper option would be to stick the sensor into some copper tubing filled with thermal paste and hang it over the edge of my HLT??

Just looking to make getting the striker water to temp a little more automate. I already have the element on a timer so that it comes on around 1.5-2hrs before i need to mash in.

Cheers
Ben

don't worry about anything fancy with the temp probe. i just use the standard one that comes with it hanging freely in the water of my HLT. make sure you attached it to the rim with a peg, or it'll bubble the probe out of it and will keep heating to boiling... its a bit scary when it happens to a BOD!

can anyone tell me if this controller would work with the stainless ntc sensor at craftbrewer?
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=955

Or a cheaper option would be to stick the sensor into some copper tubing filled with thermal paste and hang it over the edge of my HLT??

Just looking to make getting the striker water to temp a little more automate. I already have the element on a timer so that it comes on around 1.5-2hrs before i need to mash in.

Cheers
Ben

I have one of these installed in the HLT with the probe inside it. Works a charm and temps are accurate.
therm100mm.JPG

Do you use any thermal compound of any sort, or just whack the probe in there?
nah i just stick it in there with a bit of tape over the hole to keep the probe in there. Seems pretty accurate without any compound.

Back