State Of Origin 2010

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHO WON?

FatzG?

gaythread5wfjp2.jpg

:beer:

Thats 1 up for me Fatz... :lol: I can feel a nice little win coming my way...

:icon_cheers: CB

Even if they kept the same players and went for:
1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Cooper
4 Lyon
5 Tahu
6 Gidley
7 Kimmorley
it would be an improvement.

WTF are the selectors on?

Couldn't agree with me more. As soon as Gidley went to 5/8 and started touching the ball a lot more, Lyon went to right centre and Hayne dropped back to fullback, we looked like a different side. If it means Tahu misses out and we pick a proper winger outside Lyon, so be it. Luke Burt would appreciate the call up. Keep the rest of the side the same as above and give the forwards a chance to atone for being slightly outplayed.

Couldn't agree with me more. As soon as Gidley went to 5/8 and started touching the ball a lot more, Lyon went to right centre and Hayne dropped back to fullback, we looked like a different side. If it means Tahu misses out and we pick a proper winger outside Lyon, so be it. Luke Burt would appreciate the call up. Keep the rest of the side the same as above and give the forwards a chance to atone for being slightly outplayed.

Couldn't agree more Josh. How Luke Burt doesn't get a call up is beyond me? All class and tough as nails, he would have to be the most under-rated player in the comp. He has the complete skills package!

Watching the Dragons and Parra tonight showed even when Hayne is at fullback he is often left wanting in defending his line. Tahu wasn't all that impressive either. The selectors should be picking players for current form not reputation and in their natural position.

I just hope the NSW selectors dont use their brains and put Jamie Soward in the side.

Anyone game to back NSW??? Looks like FatzG has given up on them.

Anyone game to back NSW??? Looks like FatzG has given up on them.

since I'm the only bloke to cover CB's bet offer, I can't work out why you would say that !

(or is it because you are just about the only bloke I'm beating in the tipping comp!)

licking_toad.jpg

since I'm the only bloke to cover CB's bet offer, I can't work out why you would say that !

(or is it because you are just about the only bloke I'm beating in the tipping comp!)

View attachment 38804

Well you did make the bet before the first game big fella.........mate no one will be too critical if you admit your team sucks a big maroon one, because deep down even the biggest blue fans ( Yep Yardy that includes you) know your team is almost as bad as your selection panel. WTF is Jamie Soward not in your team seriously.

Oh BTW if i wasnt so lazy I would set up a chart that shows your form on the footy tipping. I reckon I should have you covered by next round.

Disclaimer: This post is all in good fun.....................and if any NSWmen are offended....................pick a better team ;)

I think I am starting to lose track of the number of times NSW wingers have been found out of position over the last few years.
Now some of those can be put down to the passing ability of Thurston and Lockyer, and some to the speed of QLD, but far out, pick wingers who can defend.
While we are at it, yes pick Soward. I know there's a theory he makes mistakes under pressure in big games, and he is perhaps too small but could he really do worse than the current mob?

What has been disheartening about the past two years is the manner in which we have lost. NSW looks inferior. It's not that we don't have good players. It's that they seem to have lost the ability to lift to another level as QLD can.
As a NSWelshman living in QLD it sucks when we lose. But I wouldn't even mind it so much if it had at least looked like we might have a chance this year.

It's time to find some players with the same passion, and I don't mean Paul Gallen stupidity sort of passion, but legs still pumping in the 78th minute passion.
Pick them, pick them in positions they know how to play, and let them bring back pride in the blue jumper.

Fatz,

I take my hat off to you in being the only Blues supporter on here to take a bet on, that is a true believer in their state mate... ;)

But, as last year went, Qld takes the win again and ill be happy to accept that voucher from you again Champ.. :lol:

Cheers mate..

CB :party:

I went to the first state of origin held in sydney a long time ago, been a mad lover of it since then, but after tonight, it does not interest me anymore. I blame it on the selectors and coach rather than the players.

All I can say in defence is the AFL would have been wrapped in falous effort and NSW got the upperhand in the fights. Oh, and the ref wore maroon.

bd

After going to the original state series when NSW would select a bunch of QLD players to be thier
Janissaries, things are looking up these days :icon_cheers: .
Cheer up BD it'll turn around one day.

To quote the great Cheech and Chong...."5 years, man!".

I loved the punchup at the 20-ish minute mark. We need some of that back in the AFL.

Bringing back the biff!

Well done Qld, totally outclassed the Blues last night from what I saw, flicking between the soccer and other channels.

Fatz,

I take my hat off to you in being the only Blues supporter on here to take a bet on, that is a true believer in their state mate... ;)

But, as last year went, Qld takes the win again and ill be happy to accept that voucher from you again Champ.. :lol:

Cheers mate..

CB :party:

kick21.jpg

No problems CB. We got our arses kicked good and proper. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, the trouble is knowing just how far into the tunnel we are. Give me a hoy when you place an order.

bradsbrew Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Oh BTW if i wasnt so lazy I would set up a chart that shows your form on the footy tipping. I reckon I should have you covered by next round.

Disclaimer: This post is all in good fun.....................and if any NSWmen are offended....................pick a better team

Sounds like a challenge! No offence ever taken. Ruin the fun of posting this tripe is anyone got offended!

Latest posts

Back