star san on ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerking

Reaction score
Recently found and bought Star san on ebay ! GREAT it arrived the next day, no more waiting two weeks for arrival e from Brisbane !

$36 plus $10.50 postage. You can get it for the same price at Grain and Grape but get an extra 2 kgs of other stuff that will fit in the 3 kg post bag for your $10.50 postage.

So I think Grain and Grape would be the better option.

I also got a jar of PBW and they combined postage and only charged the ten bucks for the two items .Great deal i thought

It's cheaper at craftbrewer. As Truman said combined post with other stuff is good

beerking said:
I also got a jar of PBW and they combined postage and only charged the ten bucks for the two items .Great deal i thought
That's ok then if you got combined postage on other items.

They gave me combined postage, read the listing . Same price as craftbrewer better service in my opinion.

beerking said:
They gave me combined postage, read the listing . Same price as craftbrewer better service in my opinion.
ebay $35.95
CB $34.90
looks cheaper to me

Poor service is not something I would associate with CraftBrewer.

But I do think it does look like a good resource as an alternative.

I never had anything but top shelf service from Ross and the crew at CB, however, how can you go past a homebrew supplier that also sells Horse Wormers and Blundstones.

How does it matter what else they sell? I got my star san and pbw i could care less . You blokes are fan boys with an agenda, the more choice the better. More competition equals better pricing in the long run for me .

Better pricing? Wasn't it established that it was more expensive?

I'm all for cheaper pricing... But only if it is actually cheaper which this is not.. That said I do like their regulated keg charger though.

OP either works for that eBay store or is weirdly emotional about his/her Starsan purchase ... :mellow: I mean ... sure, thanks for sharing the link, but way to go off the deep end with the Craftbrewer "fan boy" conspiracy. Maybe Ross is starting his own religion now? Craftbrewology? Maybe we are all drones posting on behalf of our mighty brewshop master ...

Yob said:
Better pricing? Wasn't it established that it was more expensive?

I'm all for cheaper pricing... But only if it is actually cheaper which this is not.. That said I do like their regulated keg charger though.

I bought one of the regulated keg chargers last week. It arrived in the mail the day after I ordered it. Unfortunately it was damaged. All good, a quick email to Dean and he put another one in the mail. The next one that arrived was tip top. It looked like the first one had been dropped and the gauge was smashed.

So on the customer service side of things I only have positive things to say about Country Trading Store.

No affiliation yada yada yada.... just thought I would let you guys no about my experience shopping there.

slash22000 said:
Maybe Ross is starting his own religion now? Craftbrewology?
.....and I am a loyal desciple.

Keep the Faith.....

Brewologist.

Factoring in shipping (vs CB's AusPo option), OP's order was cheaper than he would have got it from CB and he did get it faster than he would have from Craftbrewer (whose service is fast when you don't be a tightarse and select the "Fast"way option (never again...)). Why are you guys getting up him so hard?

The hivemind here is unbelievable.

an up to date list of Retailers and relevant links would be great, I asked Dane about this a little while ago if there was one I cant remember the answer.

There was http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/11008-list-of-retailers/ this but is so long out of date as to be rediculous, dunno why it is still pinned.

Its a great idea though and we should abbe able to edit/add to it, especially (IMO) if you have been given a Retailer Status.

Admin? Mods can suggest it upline?

Latest posts

Back