Standard Or Modified K&k

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you go stock, or Modify your brews

• always Can & Kilo, (sugar, dextrose, Malt only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes with additional hops

• Always with additional Hops

• Sometimes with additional Hops & grains

• Always with additional Hops & grains

• Additions Only after trying standard brew first

• Total voters

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
I usually try the kit as a standard type first, then experiment with extra's after tasting what it's intended to "taste" like

Normell

Good 2 see ya started a poll on a Sunday NORM.(I luv a POLL)

I voted "Always with additional Hops & grains" as i threw down a stout (coopers)on Friday and 6/7 years of Kits and extract,b4 AG and Partials has taught me to trust the ol instinct and wing it.

Its Important to get newbies and experienced K'nK ers to contribute and vote as this site is not only about All grain, but brewing better beer in general.

A good stout is as easy as ABC with a kit plus bits and yields a great result every :excl: :chug: time

it depends on what im doing as to what i do to it. but usually hops and maybe some grain

Brauluver said:
Good 2 see ya started a poll on a Sunday NORM.(I luv a POLL)

I voted "Always with additional Hops & grains" as i threw down a stout (coopers)on Friday and 6/7 years of Kits and extract,b4 AG and Partials has taught me to trust the ol instinct and wing it.

Its Important to get newbies and experienced K'nK ers to contribute and vote as this site is not only about All grain, but brewing better beer in general.

A good stout is as easy as ABC with a kit plus bits and yields a great result every :excl: :chug: time
[post="124943"][/post]​
Yeah, It's a wonder I can find the keyboard, So what do you do to your stouts, I would like to do a stout in the"black ale" style IE not as heavy of thick

Normell

I voted "Always with additional Hops & grains"

Thats me too now, mind you im only up to brew number 12. But i never used to drink dark beers, then my mate bought a can of coopers stout for me and told me to brew that next, 3 months later in the bottle its great :) And i've got a dark English Bitter with added grains coming up, which smells and tastes pretty bloody good to me. As big Kev used to say, Im Excited!

All depends... generally on how much of a hurry I'm in :D
If I need a brew quick, I'll just throw down the usual recipe. If I've thought about and planned it, I'll add some grains.
Nowadays there's just about always some Hops of some sort going into the brew and grains are becoming more regulare now as well.

went for the 'always with hops and grains'. I always plan when I do a brew (usually on a monday), and make sure I have enough time to do so.

When using a particular can oh homebrew for the first time, I've kept it standard. Then, after the first, I'll have ago again, and try out some additives, whether it be a small mash, or some added hops or both. I like to be able to taste what difference each of the added ingredients give to the homebrew.

Cheers :)

Back