Stammtisch Challange

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We judged 7 beers. BigH was hungover and got his entry in too late and missed the judging, so should have been 8.

Not sure if you are asking what an Ulster Fry is or not.
It is a full fried breakfast, smokey bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, beans, toasted soda bread and a pancake served in the provence of Ulster in Ireland.

Nothing like a good hit of bacon in a beer! :D

Rav I must try that beer...

now was mine infected (I'm thinking clove and other phenols), suffering from aceto, green apples or just plain bland? :lol:

what is the next challenge Goo?

Rav I must try that beer...

now was mine infected (I'm thinking clove and other phenols), suffering from aceto, green apples or just plain bland? :lol:

what is the next challenge Goo?

Yes yours was acetic, I don't remember it having ropey slime and ethyl acetate that often comes with aceto but had plenty of vinegar in aroma and flavour, it would suggest you got too much air at some racking of the beer stage.

Yes yours was acetic, I don't remember it having ropey slime and ethyl acetate that often comes with aceto but had plenty of vinegar in aroma and flavour, it would suggest you got too much air at some racking of the beer stage.

tasted last night def vinegar.

no air at transfer...had a hint of that aroma at the end of primary ferment but tasted good. first bottle tasted good, last nights...hmm. I am going into malt vinegar production now, or lambics. If its not Aceto is wild yeast.

Where's the next challenge? I thought it was meant to be up here on Saturday?

Yeah, I've been a bit slack with getting it up on here (and responding to PMs).

Given the amount of good summer ale type beers in the last swap I've decided to set the challenge along those lines. Probably just to a style, but not one of the BJCP styles. I'll try to finalise it tomorrow and post a new thread. That should give you plenty of time to be ready for the next swap in Autumn.

Back