Stockade Brew Co / Camden Show2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ein stein

Reaction score
I am not affiliated, I just thought I would post this as I hadn't seen it here yet.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1318548944874312/

We're putting the call out to any home brewers to enter their beers into 3 different categories including; HOP HEAVY, DARK AND WEIRD & WONDERFUL!
The overall winner will get the opportunity to work with our senior brewers and turn their creation into one of Stockade Brew Co’s line of limited release beers. The first place winners of each category will receive a mashUp case of Stockade Brew Co beers plus a bunch of ultra cool merchandise. Second place winners will receive a $100 gift voucher courtesy of The Brew Shop.

Important Information
Entries Open - Early Feb
Entries Close - Tues 21st March
Beers Delivered to The Camden Show Office on Tues 28th March (1pm - 6pm) or Wed 29th March (9am - 4pm)
Judging - Thurs 30th March
Winners Announced - Friday 31st March at 7pm inside the Stockade Brew Co Krft Bar N Bites marquee inside the Lifestyle Pavilion at The Show.
Conditions of Entry
- Open to entrants 18 years and over
- Maximum 2 entries per class
- $2 entry fee
- Entries to consist of 4 bottles, labelled (waterproof label tied around the neck) with name, beer style, ABV, tasting notes & brewers notes to accompany the entry
* Any empty/full bottles will be available for collection from the show office at 9am on Sunday 2nd April.
To enter, visit www.camdenshow.com. Any inquiries, send an email to [email protected]
15697693_1792711740991618_3337386549406365328_n.png

A bit late, but ...

I entered 2 beers in the Dark beer category for this.

Came third in the category with a schwarzbier (from memory my scores were 19 & 21/25 and all comments were positive, so I was pretty happy).

Unfortunately my other beer (which I thought would be my better chance of doing well) didn't get judged. I'm not sure what happened, and I only realised when it was too late to matter.

Anyway, 1st and 2nd place in the Dark category were taken out by 2 beers from the same bloke (Michael Hodge. I wonder if he's on this forum?), and one of those beers also won the overall best in show. So looks like I was my schwarzbier was bettered by quality beers made by someone who knows what he's doing.

I think that overall winner was some sort of Choc Porter (maybe with another ingredient there too). It doesn't actually say in the results what beers people made.

Results link

Anyway, 1st and 2nd place in the Dark category were taken out by 2 beers from the same bloke (Michael Hodge. I wonder if he's on this forum?), and one of those beers also won the overall best in show.
I won the first place with my Imperial Oatmeal Stout and second place with my Chocolate Porter in the dark category.

My Imperial Oatmeal Stout won champion exhibit overall.

Jagged 2nd place this year in the IPA HOP Heavy section.
Haven't seen the sheets yet but have had them read to me n sounds like I might have got the wrong ones back as they refer to a Stout Entry with Spice that I didn't enter.
Ah well $100 voucher never goes astray.
look out Grafton
Cheers

Back