Ss Ball Valves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntboozer

Reaction score
Now that I have sourced (gota love the old recycling centre (dump shop)), modified, cleaned and polished 2 x 50lt SS containers :ph34r: for my HLT (electric) and kettle (gas) I've decided to fit them up with SS ball valves and fittings. My guess is the prefered size is 1/2" and I have seen a few post promoting the 2 and 3 peice ball valves (re cleaning etc).
My question to those out there far more educated than I in these pieces of kit is as follows:
Are the advantages of the 3 piece valve (disassembly etc) worth the extra cost and physical size over the 2 piece?

Quotes I have at the moment are low $20 for 1/2" 2 piece amd mid $20 for the 1/2" 3 piece. Nearly all the suppliers stated the physical size of the 3 piece would be a burden - what do you guys (and gals) think?

Cheers
nt
:beer:

Go for the $6 coated brass 1/2" valve from all DIY shops, if you suspect it of being dirty or infected, throw it away and buy another.
But on the other hand, one powerball...

Vlad,
Thanks for the reply however had I wanted to use 'plated' brass fitting I wouldn't have posted my question (I would have just used the spare garden irrigation fittings I have in the shed (you should see what Darwin water does to these things - would be throwing heaps away)).

Like most things I don't mind spending the $'s when I know I'm getting quality and value for money - I've no need to wait for power ball - if I don't have the spare $'s then I keep brewing kits until the AG set up is complete - no dramas.

Cheers and beers
nt
(currently enjoying a few Premium Bavarian Wheat (ozbrew kits and bits) pints
:beer:

if u can get a 3 piece for not much $$ more, then go for it. im not sure why the size would be a burden.

You will never pull a value apart

They are made like that so the seats can be changed , you'll never have to do that either.

Go the one piece jobbies

Batz

Latest posts

Back