Ss Ball Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aarleks

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm finally putting together my AG setup. I have setlled on an Ali kettle that I will add a tap to. I'm just wondering if this SS ball valve would be suitable for the job. It says marine grade but I've seen plenty of valves with pretty much the same specs being used for brewing.

Any advice?

Cheers, :beer:
Alex

eBay: "This listing () has been removed by eBay or is no longer available." :(

PZ.

page not responding aarleks as fingerlicken noted.dont have an alternative pic by any chance.?
as long as you can join it all together any ss valve should do the trick.

cheers
d

Stainless is nice but you don't *need* stainless. A brass ball valve you can get from any plumbing supply shop will do.

Those look exactly the same as the blackwoods valves i use for my set up. Do the job very nicely

Aarleks

I paid about $22 to $23 for a similar one yesterday at Prochem, so if you can get it from ebay shipped to you for less than that, you are on a winner.

Cheers
Pedro

Thanks for the advice all.

Killer, yeah I noticed the feedback - smacks of the same person under another name builing up a positive transaction record.

Still, I'll probably give it a go (caveat emptor :huh: ).

Next up is the fermenting fridge... will try Harvey-Norman for a frebie this weekend. :)

feedback looks dodgey, like someone has had their accnt 'stolen'. the pricing looks to good, especially for aus made valves.

other places are prochem out west & the stainless shop? on Taren Point Road.

pedro - did prochem have a minimum cash order value ?

redbeard said:
pedro - did prochem have a minimum cash order value ?
[post="96791"][/post]​

I don't think so Redbeard. Some others in SA have bought small amounts from them, and if one those people could please provide a defintie answer on that it would help. I have trouble keeping my orders under $100 :( when I visit them.

Cheers
Pedro

Try" Bartell Enterprises" Croydon ave Keswick

I found them cheaper than Prochem and very helpful.

cheers

Finally got the quote today.

Price was shit ($23.50 each), so I'm obviously not going ahead with it.

Sorry guys :(

PZ.

Latest posts

Back