Spooted Cow Homebrew Comp Winning Beer On Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkesbier

Reaction score
Hey,

My English IPA that won the Spotted Cow home brew competition (see [post="54232"]here[/post]) goes on tap this weekend at the Spotted Cow in Toowoomba, Qld. I have named it Starke's Triumph after the Bernard Cornwell novel Sharpe's Triumph that covers the Duke of Wellingtons battle at Seringapatam in India (not too bad a reference for an IPA I thought).

Anyway Phil of the spotted cow has organised an octoberfest for the weekend and I will be presenting the beer some time after 2 PM. http://spottedcow.com.au/ for details of the octoberfest.

So if you are in the area this weekend and want to have a taste I'll see you there hopefully.

Cheers
Graeme

Just noticed my spelling mistake in the topic header. Doh!. Sorry Phil, can't figure out how to change it :(

Good work mate. Apparently it was a stand-out winner :icon_cheers:
(Will miss going up this weekend though, I'll be firing up the HERMES for the first time on a brewday Saturday).

Well done Graeme hope you have a good weekend. Unfortunately I have to guide winkle on his brewday and offer totally useless advice to hinder him.

Seriously though have a good one and enjoy. I am sure the beer will be a cracker. Might let a few mates up that way know to go to the luckona for a few nice IPA's. Then when I am done explaining what an IPA is......................

Cheers Brad

Meh, get a life Nick.

Congrats for the Starke's Triumph again Graeme. I'll see you at the next 'Milking the Cow' if not before (let Phil know we'll all keen for the next one).

About time, I was just wondering if Phil had perhaps put it on already and we'd missed out. :eek:

Of course, congratulations Graeme, well done! :icon_cheers:

Looking forward to the next one too winkle! :beerbang:

Might let a few mates up that way know to go to the luckona for a few nice IPA's. Then when I am done explaining what an IPA is......................
Cheers Brad
You might also have to explain to them what the Lacona is called nowadays...

Hey,

My English IPA that won the Spotted Cow home brew competition (see [post="54232"]here[/post]) goes on tap this weekend at the Spotted Cow in Toowoomba, Qld. I have named it Starke's Triumph after the Bernard Cornwell novel Sharpe's Triumph that covers the Duke of Wellingtons battle at Seringapatam in India (not too bad a reference for an IPA I thought).

Anyway Phil of the spotted cow has organised an octoberfest for the weekend and I will be presenting the beer some time after 2 PM. http://spottedcow.com.au/ for details of the octoberfest.

So if you are in the area this weekend and want to have a taste I'll see you there hopefully.

Cheers
Graeme

Just noticed my spelling mistake in the topic header. Doh!. Sorry Phil, can't figure out how to change it :(

Congratulations.

The link is a little odd though - one way valves are good mkay from 2005? I'm interested in the recipe.

moron_head_in_ass.jpg

Isn't spooting a cow illegal? Sorry working today but well done Graeme - see you at PUBS :icon_cheers:

:icon_drool2: Graeme's English IPA is awesome, one very tasty drop with a big rich malty flavour, some amazing caramel/ honey notes and not outrageously bitter, so quite balanced. Probably could've been served before now as the late hops character isn't quite as sharp as I was expecting, but nevertheless worth the wait and a worthy winner of the comp. I don't think it will last, so get it while you can! :super:
There's also a dozen or so lagers on tap for the Octobeerfest at the Cow, I wasn't that interested in them but it was pleasing to note Graeme's IPA in the event's beer passport. Fantastic to catch up with the winner for a yarn again and have a quiz at recipes, would welcome the PUBS contingent back to Toowoomba again any time! :icon_cheers:

Back