Split Keg - Hopback And Regular

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking that I might install a water filter hopback to my chest freezer setup, and look at running one keg through to two taps; one through the hopback, the other au natural. That way I'll be able to choose whether I want the extra hop hit in the IPA's... (who am I kidding, I'll drink the hopback one, and non hop-head mates will drink the other).

It seems to me that all I probably need to do is just use a t-piece and split the beer line to the two taps. I'll also install a small ball valve just before the hopback so I can isolate the line to change hops out, etc. Anyone see any flaws with this system?

So, I'm thinking that I might install a water filter hopback to my chest freezer setup, and look at running one keg through to two taps; one through the hopback, the other au natural. That way I'll be able to choose whether I want the extra hop hit in the IPA's... (who am I kidding, I'll drink the hopback one, and non hop-head mates will drink the other).

It seems to me that all I probably need to do is just use a t-piece and split the beer line to the two taps. I'll also install a small ball valve just before the hopback so I can isolate the line to change hops out, etc. Anyone see any flaws with this system?

Ant,
sound's good.
I am currently putting a draft hopback together for use in serving a harvest ale.

The Maltose Falcons from California has some great info on making one.

Dogfish head Randall done commercially

Make sure you take some pictures and post them here.

- Luke

Ill be interested to hear how it changes over time... the first pour after 24 hrs is going to pack a punch :D

Latest posts

Back