Spiegelau has created a special IPA glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
I would expect $29.90 AUD for a box of two.
I was expecting about $15/glass. That's pretty good value. A test postage works out to $13.52 for me, which would bring it up to $43.52. I got quoted $36.94 for 1 glass shipped to me. So the value is pretty good, assuming they are going to be sold around that mark.

Looking forward to it!

You're looking at the US website mate.. The first link is the AU site.

I didnt think id have to spell it out, but I suppose I should have been more clear with my original post:

The glasses are listed for $24.90 USD on the US site.

A number of other glasses which are listed for the same price on the US site, are ALSO listen on the AU site for $29.90 AUD.

So, if they keep with the same pricing structure, that's what we can expect to pay.

donburke said:
fantastic glasses, i have the tall pilsner ones and the wheat, but i must say they are quite delicate and fragile
The wheat beer glasses are great. But it nearly makes me cry pouring a 345mL bottle and it only comes about 1/3 of the way up the glass.

Well my Sierra Nevad IPA glasses arrived today. Nice looking glasses but the glass is not as thick as i thought it would be. Will have to be careful after a few refills!!
Not sure if you can make it out in the photos but there is a hop flower etched into the bottom, nice touch. Cant wait to try them out.

DSCN0753.JPG DSCN0755 - Copy.jpg

Doubleplugga said:
Well my Sierra Nevad IPA glasses arrived today. Nice looking glasses but the glass is not as thick as i thought it would be. Will have to be careful after a few refills!!
Not sure if you can make it out in the photos but there is a hop flower etched into the bottom, nice touch. Cant wait to try them out.
Very nice Doubleplugga! Did you go directly through the Sierra site or?

Yeah mate through the SN site, they have a gift shop online. I wanted the Dogfish Head ones but was having dramas with their website due to the fact that I was getting the glasses delivered to a US address but my billing address was in Aus. SN didn't seem to be bothered by it!! 2 glasses delivered was around 31 dollars Aus mate.

lol.

so they've bumped the red/white glass up to a full pint and given it an etched bottom.

Wine glasses are already designed to boost aromatics, makes sense that they would use the same design. Though they did masturbate the facts a little in their advert.

ed. The IPA glasses hold twice the volume and are 20 bucks cheaper than the champagne glasses too.

A little :icon_offtopic: but look what I scored.

Five Palm Belguim beer glasses...$10.00..that's $2.00 each :lol: Gotta love op shops.

1.jpg

From the Riedelglass website:

Spiegelau has discovered that every style of beer has its own balance of characteristics. Unless the shape of the glass is matched to the style, the flavours and aromas will be lost instantly.

I'm all for using appropriate glassware, but that second sentence is an absolute load of rubbish!

just ordered mine from riedel, dont have time to run a bulk buy though. happy to pass on a contact though if someone wants to run it.

Florian said:
From the Riedelglass website:

Spiegelau has discovered that every style of beer has its own balance of characteristics. Unless the shape of the glass is matched to the style, the flavours and aromas will be lost instantly.

I'm all for using appropriate glassware, but that second sentence is an absolute load of rubbish!
i suggest that you go along to one of their glass tastings then and see for yourself.

from the australian website
http://www.riedelglass.com.au/catalog/product/view/id/1139/s/beer-classics-ipa-glass/category/3/

Latest posts

Back