Spiegelau has created a special IPA glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely he'd learn more by pouring an IPA into the "wrong" glass and see if all trace of flavour and aroma is obliterated as per the original claim?

I suspect he may have already disproven the claim once or twice already.

Doubleplugga said:
Well my Sierra Nevad IPA glasses arrived today. Nice looking glasses but the glass is not as thick as i thought it would be. Will have to be careful after a few refills!!
Not sure if you can make it out in the photos but there is a hop flower etched into the bottom, nice touch. Cant wait to try them out.

attachicon.gif
DSCN0753.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCN0755 - Copy.jpg
Hey...looking at getting a couple of these glasses when at the Beervana festival in Wellington. I have also read that quite a few people have commented on them being quite thin. Are they much thinner than a decent Red Wine glass? I tend to drink my beer from Red Wine Glasses in most cases anyways so dont mind the fine glass. Just interested to hear a bit more from your experience. Cheers

Check out reviews on Amazon and the like. They seem to be extremely thin around the lip, wouldn't deter me from getting them though.

EDIT: You sure you will get them at beervana?

Same here Barls.. I got the pack at QHBC, now ill have the set. Visitors can use my Headmasters..LOL

Where are you getting the glasses at Beervana? I'm going and if I can get a few there I will.

As for the thinness of the glass - I own a lot of Reidel glasses and they are all very thin. You have to be careful how you wash them, hand wash only, wash them very gently and they will last for years. In the 10 years I've been using them I can say 90% of the breakages have been women washing them up = so do it yourself and you're good!

i ordered direct. only way to do it.

I've received mine, and been using them in the last couple of weeks. My observations are they appear to keep the head a little longer, and a can detect a subtle improvement in the distribution of aroma. This is based on drinking SNPA and LCPA from them, which is obviously not the intednded style of beer.

How have others found them?

Latest posts

Back