Sparkling ale yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnailAle

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Been going through a crazy year, did up the old house and sold it, bought a new house and doing it up, had a baby and the list goes on. So I'm finally getting a chance to brew my first beer of the year, got 3 lined up and had a question about my sparkling.

I'm using danstar nottingham yeast but I find by itself it's just not right, wondering if i could pitch a munich classic on top of it to try and pull through some banana type esters you get in coopers.

Not trying to clone coopers, but i do love that aspect of them.

Is this a thing? Never done it before so not sure but the logic seems to make sense i guess.

Cheers

G'day guys,

Been going through a crazy year, did up the old house and sold it, bought a new house and doing it up, had a baby and the list goes on. So I'm finally getting a chance to brew my first beer of the year, got 3 lined up and had a question about my sparkling.

I'm using danstar nottingham yeast but I find by itself it's just not right, wondering if i could pitch a munich classic on top of it to try and pull through some banana type esters you get in coopers.

Not trying to clone coopers, but i do love that aspect of them.

Is this a thing? Never done it before so not sure but the logic seems to make sense i guess.

Cheers

Never tried that but I am brewing APA style beers with S04 :)
I may be completely wrong but it might be worth a shot as it does give some fruity notes.

Sorry, no guidance here - just encouragement.

Windsor at about 1g/L, or better yet recultured Coopers yeast both work pretty well
Mark

Latest posts

Back