Spark brew equipment anybody familiar with it?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MastersBrewery said:
There is an email link on jono's web page. Didn't test it though. Link to his page my previous post
Maybe it isn't coming up on the iPad, the only link I can see is to Facebook and he hasn't used that page since 2014 but I still requested the phone number though didn't get anything back.

Sent a message to fents, hopefully find out one way or the other, didn't hear back from Brewtek about the nano's capability to do herms without cobbling something together, which would be a shame to do on a pretty seamless design

It's on the contact page of his website. Since he's published it online I'm guessing he won't mind if it's posted here:

[email protected]

Fellow early-ish riser droid, or just can't sleep cuz you're thinking about stainless? Or copper, you fetishist, you. ;)

I've had a brewday on Fents rig before, very cool. I enquired with Jono about getting one built a year or two back, was around $4-4.5k from memory. Really good price.

I ended up going with a new Brau 50L. Serves my purposes well.

phew man, I'm all liked out haha

@mardoo yep sposed to be at work between 5-5.30am but oh my wordy Lordy I do like shiny stuff !

Sending email now, thank you, must check out these sites on the PC coz my iPad isnt giving me all the info apparently - the mind boggles as to how much inf I've been missing out on, weird

Email sent

Hi mate, looking for a 50-70ltr kick arse 3v system with Hermes, are you interested in such builds?

Cheers
Jonny

Sent from my iPhone

So much love for the local crew. Biggups.

I know Jono has been way busy lately (stop renovating houses and build brewerys if ya readin this ya nutter ;) ) but if you send him a nice email he will defiantly get back to you.

I would not be spending my $5k on chinese brew equipment regardless of how good it is. German Maybe...American Maybe....Portland Vic, Every single time..

^^^^ Not really 100L per say. Its a 99L robinox pot with a 40-50L (approx) mash tun on top. I was loading approx 11-12KG (could squeexe in 13KG) grain and it was full. Mashing with about 48L's water and sparging with another 30 Litres and i can bump out 51-54L's of about 1.053 - 1.055 wort. (about 80% brewhouse efficency. you can also run this system as a no sparge and just start with all your water and it gets about 65-70% effc)

Its just so easy to use and clean.

Fents can I ask what you were brewing with before? and how long have you been using this system now? is it a system you can sink your teeth into in some manner or is it press and go? I think of 3v as something that keeps me on my feet, though if I go all electric with herms I might be doing the same thing but looking at 3 vessels instead of a tower - if that were the case then yours might be a good thang, hmmn

oh geez here we go, somebody stop the merry-go-'round

Jono got back to me today, he's flat out on some mega Reno but can help in a couple of months. Hopefully we'll come up with something coolio!

Gotta say, I'm excited !!!

Nice. If I had the $$ I'd definitely go with him, based on what I've seen. Husky should go into production too ;)

Back