Sourcing stainless steel tubing - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingo102

Reaction score
Having some real trouble sourcing either 304ss or 316ss tubing, in 3/16", 1/4" and 1/2" for various uses. Does anyone have any good suppliers? Especially online as I'm full time. Shipping or importing not an issue unless cost prohibitive.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Maheel some good links. Would prefer seamless

HERMS coil
Keg line
Chiller coil

Would prefer to bend myself if possible thus the bulk tubing purchase

I ordered a few 15m lengths a while back from ny brew supply ('murca). They have an ebay, amazon and web shop. Web shop (which I *think* I went thru) is:
http://www.nybrewsupply.com/plumbing-fittings-tubing/tubing/stainless-steel-tubing-coil-1.html

At the time it came out to ~$70 per ea and ~$70 shipping ea for the 3(?).

I was being quoted $1400 (yes - two zeros) by two local manufacturers for the equiv, mentally I told them to f' off, vocally more polite.. I know we don't have the same manufacturing capacity as other countries, but the local price (prior to shipping) should not be 10x the price of international + shipping.

I bought the same tubing as Mofox1 through ebay when they has a discount code. One thing I found was that it was very difficult to bend without kinking it. I thought it was just me and bad technique, but I took it to a local engineering company and they struggled too. I now have two very basic 50' stainless immersion chillers which work well, but I couldn't even get a return bend for the water connections.

After all the costs and not being able to do exactly what I wanted with it if I was to start over I would probably buy pre-fabricated coils.

Just my 2c.

Dae Tripper is on to it, Swagelok get my vote... we used to use them for all our tubing and fittings.

Having said that I'm pretty sure they source their stuff from Prochem. Not sure what minimum order quantities from prochem are though.

prochem used to sell me one $6 part at a time happily if i needed it last year
always have give great service and good value for stuff of the shelf

i did not know they do annealed tube (good to know)

Thanks for all the input everyone, might get on to Prochem as I see they stock coiled tube. Much appreciated

Latest posts

Back