Some Questions About Beerfest 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and entering my latest ESB in Beerfest 2012. I haven't entered a comp before so I have a couple of questions:

1. Where are the drop-off points?

2. How much beer do I need to supply (I currently use 740 ml PET bottles)? Do I need to package it?

3. When I drop-off the beer what do I need to include with it - I imagine an entry form but is there anything else?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and entering my latest ESB in Beerfest 2012. I haven't entered a comp before so I have a couple of questions:

1. Where are the drop-off points?
Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall St., Yarraville 3013,
Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, 22 Louis Street. Greensborough 3088,
The Brewers Den, 253 Dorset Road Boronia 3155

2. How much beer do I need to supply (I currently use 740 ml PET bottles)? Do I need to package it?
740ml PET is fine on it's own.

3. When I drop-off the beer what do I need to include with it - I imagine an entry form but is there anything else?
Put the entry form and payment into an envelope and attach it to your bottle with a rubber band.

Cheers,

Chris

You can go to CompMaster for instructions about entering and drop off.

Good luck with your entry.

Thanks!

Just a suggestion - in future it would be great if there was a central drop-off point for us inner-suburban dwellers.

You need people willing to accept reponsibility for your beer and your cash. There's no brewing shop more inner suburban than grain and grape that is involved in the VIC comp scene as far as I know, so the only other option is a brew club and most of those are outer rather than inner. ICB is the exception but they are less open door than the others.

GG is not to hard to get to from where you are. Train to the city, williamstown, train to yarraville which is only about 3 or 4 stops out from flinders.

Thanks!

Just a suggestion - in future it would be great if there was a central drop-off point for us inner-suburban dwellers.

You reckon you got it tough?

If i want to enter my beer it has to go from here to Melb then back to Mirboo which is not that far from where it started!
Involves posting the beer - cost and quality prohibitive or me taking a long drive again costly.

I will prob just enter the " Gippsland cup" for a bit of fun seeing as i may be there anyway if my volunteering is required.

GG is not to hard to get to from where you are. Train to the city, williamstown, train to yarraville which is only about 3 or 4 stops out from flinders.

True, but it's mostly a time thing for me. If G&G were open a bit later on Saturdays it would be fine.

They have a kit for growing your own testicles at GG that are on special between 10 and 12 on Saturdays only.

They have a kit for growing your own testicles at GG that are on special between 10 and 12 on Saturdays only.

Not sure what you're getting at?

Just making a suggestion (N.B. that's not the same as a criticism).

I work during the week and often Saturdays too so I can't make it to a a drop-off that's too far away from where I live.

Good luck with your kit!

Just making a suggestion (N.B. that's not the same as a criticism).

I work during the week and often Saturdays too so I can't make it to a a drop-off that's too far away from where I live.

Good luck with your kit!

Could we make the drop off point your house? ;)

True, but it's mostly a time thing for me. If G&G were open a bit later on Saturdays it would be fine.

Yeah bit of a time thing for me to by the time I pack the four kids in the car and then drive the three hours down to G&G but it does give me a good excuse to stock up on supplies. I never get there before 12 so haven't seen the special, not that I think I need it anyway.

Beer4U if you want to go in the main comp and can get your entries over to Foster I can drop them off with mine when I head down on the 4th.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on the Saturday arvo. Have even organised a few mates to come over with their entries to try and take my title. Beer4U there's nothing "fun" about the "Gippsland Cup we have some rather large egos on the line here to.

I'm making a joke. A shit giving, rib digging joke, but still a joke.

Essentially GG is open 5 1/2 days a week. There are ways and means. It's an amateur comp, run by a brewing club and sponsored by a couple of businesses. The reality of making extra drop off points to help out the super busy is...well not realistic. Maybe if it were AIBA but not this.

Ring grain and grape and see if they will accept postage. Hell, if you can drop off to St Kilda Rd during the week, I'll be happy to take your entry in for you. Someone coming from Cheltenham or bayside brewers area might help you out. If St kilda Rd is an option during working hours, pm me.

Latest posts

Back