Software Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how do you formulate a brew?

• pen & paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • do what it says on the back of the can

• promash

• beersmith

• beeralchemy

• qbrew

• excel

• shareware

• other

• Total voters
What updates does Promash need ? It's one of the things I'm actually enjoying about it. Unlike Windoze and other associated programs that are forever 'updating' and replacing the good features with annoying new ones that don't work, so then there's version 2.03, but then it drops out something that's been there since the birth of the program, so you've got to upgrade to version 4.82 when it finally becomes available.
Quite frankly...stuff the updates. If it works, leave it alone !

[\rant]

I voted 'pen and paper' as that describes me most of the time, although I prefer the feel of a pencil. Call me old fashioned. For style matching and other messing around I use a free program called 'Brew Wizard' that was recommended in a thread here not too long ago. It works for my uses.

Cheers - boingk

Cubbie,

Why would you get upset at my post? I thought that my reply was quite self-explanatory?
PM me if you want?

TP :beer:

Nah mate I am not upset. I just read the "Can quite understand Jeffery Donovan's lack of progress in updating ProMash" and thought to myself hang on the guys wife is sick, but then you went on to say that.

It was only a slight frown and then a ahh as i finished reading.

Qbrew for me.

Being a Mac user and a tight ass (it's free) made it an easy choice.

Of the Mac native apps I found Beer Tools to be excellent and if I decide to buy a program that will be the one.

Might just wait for the aussie dollar to make a bit of a comeback first.

I'm a very happy pro-mash user - there are maybe a couple of things that could do with updating... but then again, it works well enough now so who cares if it doesn't get updated.

and it has the lovely advantage of being free - the trial version works forever and does all the things you need it to. It just wont "save" more than 3 or 4 new recipes or sessions or whatever. If you are willing to write down your recipes then you never have to pay.

I paid

Qbrew for me.

Being a Mac user and a tight ass (it's free) made it an easy choice.

Of the Mac native apps I found Beer Tools to be excellent and if I decide to buy a program that will be the one.

Might just wait for the aussie dollar to make a bit of a comeback first.
i use beer alchemy found it better than beer tools and qbrew.

+2 BeerAlchemy - one of the best purchases I've ever made for my Mac :)

Cheers

What updates does Promash need ? It's one of the things I'm actually enjoying about it. Unlike Windoze and other associated programs that are forever 'updating' and replacing the good features with annoying new ones that don't work, so then there's version 2.03, but then it drops out something that's been there since the birth of the program, so you've got to upgrade to version 4.82 when it finally becomes available.
Quite frankly...stuff the updates. If it works, leave it alone !

[\rant]

I use Promash but there are a bunch of hops and grains that just aren't there- I was putting in the Dark Wheat Dunkelweisen recipe and Choc Wheat wasn't in the grain database (well, I couldn't find it at least...). that's the most important thing that needs updating IMO.

Latest posts

Back