Sodastream without Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fylp

Reaction score
Hey Brewers. I am setting up a new keg system and I realised that my regulator screws very snugly on to my Sodastream bottle without the adaptor. Has anyone either thrown in a small nut (4mm or so) to depress the valve or turned the little nut on the side of the tank. The nut on the tank is turned when refilling so I guess it opens the valve?

Any ideas welcome
Cheers

The "valve" on side is a pressure release valve to stop the bottle exploding if over filled. ..

I think you will find it will leak around the thread. I just checked my spare reg on a 60L cylinder and whilst it screws down and seems tight, it is not sealed...
Looking at the threads on the cylinder and the adapter - they are quite different...

Dont mean to steal the thread, but its related...I just bought a 60L sodastream cylinder for a portable set-up but dont yet have an adaptor...ones on ebay seem to either suit older style cylinders or cost nearly twice the price.......can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable adaptor that fits the newer style sodastream cylinders that doesnt cost nearly $40?

The sodastream thread is almost identical to a 1/2" BSP ;)

Craft brewers adapters fit the 60L cylinders. Im using one now for my modded tapking

those ones are nearly $40 plus postage...seems a bit steep given the older style ones can be bought for about $22 including delivery....any other suggestions?...Blair, was your comment about the 1/2" BSP hinting at a solution that Im not aware of?

Albainian said:
Dont mean to steal the thread, but its related...I just bought a 60L sodastream cylinder for a portable set-up but dont yet have an adaptor...ones on ebay seem to either suit older style cylinders or cost nearly twice the price.......can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable adaptor that fits the newer style sodastream cylinders that doesnt cost nearly $40?
I was shitty when I found out that the adaptor I'd bought for the old SodaStream bottles wouldn't work with the new 60 litre versions but fortunately there's a work-around.
I've added a second O-ring to the adaptor & Araldited a small plug of 3mm rubber sheet to the adaptor pin as the pic shows.
Tried a few different glues that didn't hold the rubber in place for long but the Araldite did the trick.

Sodastream Adaptor Fix.JPG

sp0rk said:
not really
It's CGA320
Your right, it is a completely different thread however the characteristics are identical apart from the thread angle which there is only a 5° difference :)

CGA320 -
0.825" OD
14 TPI
60°

1/2" BSP -
0.825" OD
14 TPI
55°

So do the keg king ones fit the new soda stream bottles?

They definitely fit as I ended up getting one. They have an adjustable dealy that depresses the thingamajig.

TidalPete said:
I was shitty when I found out that the adaptor I'd bought for the old SodaStream bottles wouldn't work with the new 60 litre versions but fortunately there's a work-around.
I've added a second O-ring to the adaptor & Araldited a small plug of 3mm rubber sheet to the adaptor pin as the pic shows.
Tried a few different glues that didn't hold the rubber in place for long but the Araldite did the trick.
I was also shitty until I found your workaround Pete. I've added another o-ring but used a 3mm rubber chair tip over the end of the pin instead. Only costs about 50c, just need to trim it to about half the length. Cheers for the tip.

med_gallery_7015_1100_81105.jpg

Latest posts

Back