Sodastream Adapter Is Leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the hard white plastic washers the adapters come with to be pretty useless. They are not thick enough and don't stay in place when swapping over bottles. I made a new one by punching a larger hole out of a yellow delaware tap washer.

Looks like I'll be cutting washers when I get home... What does the one on the sodastream bottle look like BTW? Didn't spot it on the shed floor this morning.

ToG

Looks like I'll be cutting washers when I get home... What does the one on the sodastream bottle look like BTW? Didn't spot it on the shed floor this morning.

ToG

We haven't supplied with plastic washers for a long time - They come these days with a black O'ring which works much better.
Drop us an email & we'll stick one in the post to you.

cheers Ross

We haven't supplied with plastic washers for a long time - They come these days with a black O'ring which works much better.
Drop us an email & we'll stick one in the post to you.

cheers Ross

Onya Ross. Email sent.

Neil

That black o-ring is a bugger. It drops out very easily, and usually unnoticed.

I had an issue when I first hooked mine up, and then discovered the o-ring on the floor.

That black o-ring is a bugger. It drops out very easily, and usually unnoticed.

I had an issue when I first hooked mine up, and then discovered the o-ring on the floor.

Yeah, I've looked all over my shed floor and can't find it. So thanks to Ross for his generosity in offering to post one out. I'll keep an eye out on that in the future.

Be warned!

ToG

Back