So Whats Brewing Next?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Weiz :beerbang: :beerbang:

Can't wait to taste the mega Pilsner. I'm kicking off Czech Pils season at the People's Brewery next brew with something similar to what you've just done minus the decoction. 90 minute boil, FWH, 60, 20, 10, 1 Saaz additions, 2278, 97% Czech Pils malt, 3% Carapils. It'll be interesting to compare and see what diff the Decoction makes. I'm also planning on making the same recipe but with JW Pils malt to also check the diff in grainbill. Mmmm, love my Czech Pilsners... :chug:

Brewed a bitter on Saturday which is smelling great out the airlock. Gotta love those EKG plugs...

Shawn.

Sounds like a great beer, and should be too!

...and soon a Witbier and then the NSW Xmas case sour Weisse.

BTW, Doc, U can't keep a good thread down :beer:

Seth (aka teninchtongue) :p

Gough said:
Gotta love those EKG plugs...

Shawn.
[post="75489"][/post]​

Yeeeepp!

Trickle, Trickle.... Trickle. :lol: :lol:

Warren -

BTW.

Excessive spooge was from the resultant Mild I made.

First foray into Powells Malt. That stuff sure smells the goods crushed and going into the mash. :beerbang:

Yep, good thread to keep alive. Always great to know what everyone has cooking. ;)

Warren -

I will be putting down three brews on the weekend, first time using Marris Otter malt, the new crankandstein and NASA burner....

Pale ale
OG 1.052
95 % Marris Otter
5% Caramalt
Northern Brewer and Willamette to 32 IBU (60,20 and 10 mins)
Generous addition of goldings plugs at 0 mins
Whitelabs Burton ale yeast

English Bitter
OG1.048
85% Marris Otter
5% Carahell
2.5% Carapils
2.5% Caramalt
5% flaked maize
Goldings to 30 IBU (@60,20 and 10 mins)
Generous addition of goldings plugs at 0 mins
Whitelabs California Ale yeast

Lizard Lager
95% JW Pilsner
5% JW light munich
Perle to 35 IBU (@60,20 mins)
Generous addition of Hersbrucker plugs at 0 mins
Whitelabs Southern German Lager

Time to get back on track, the kegs have been empty for 8 weeks now !

Cheers

Been back from overseas for nearly 2 weeks & my hbs is fresh out of base malt Arggggh!!! waiting patiently for the delivery, but it's killing me....

Ross said:
Been back from overseas for nearly 2 weeks & my hbs is fresh out of base malt Arggggh!!! waiting patiently for the delivery, but it's killing me....
[post="75508"][/post]​

How patient are you? In the mean time you could try my Powels Ale or Pilsner malts. (I havn't opened them yet).

:beer:
PeterS....

trying a bit of a comparison with my next brew.

am bottling an extract pale ale today. light dme with 100g crystal and 80g chocolate. hopped with northern brewer, crystal and willamette. yeast was notingham dry.

going to use the same recipie with some wyeast 1056 that i am making a starter for. first time using liquid yeast and a starter so it will be interesting to see if i can notice any difference in the finished product.
joe

Next brew will be a Heineken Clone from BYO july 05, during our family Xmas party the inlaws drink the stuff like its water so I might as well give em something they like, gotta get my Vienna out of the lagering fridge first!

At the moment I've got a Pilsner and a Choc-Honey Porter brewing. Putting down a festive beer next. Thinking of doing a Coopers Dark Ale kit with some dark brown sugar, chocolate, lots of malt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some rum essence. Should be interesting.

gotta finish household chores tomorrow :angry: theyve been building up but next days off im planning on doing a hopburst ipa (read american pale ale ;) )
not sure what else i will put down.maybe another alt

cheers
big d

I will be putting together my Powells Pilsner sometime in the next few weeks. This will be the 2nd time this year I have brewed at home, and the 1st at this address.Neihbours moved out a while ago and it is still empty so that should keep the complaints down!
Cheers
Gerard

Got a brown porter with 10% home made brown malt and 10% munich in primary, and will be doing a munich helles style lager soon. Or maybe a barleywine if im game!

I hope to make another APA on the weekend.
I may use JW malts this time around as the last one i made not too long ago i used Poells.

johnno

Thinking of making a all Amarillo APA OG1055, IBU 38.6

90% Maris Otter, 5% Caramalt, 5% Carapils.

Amarillo FWH, 60, 30, 15, and a whole stack at flameout. Fermented with SAFALE US-56

Looking forward to it, waking up early on a Saturday morning to be done by lunch. First one ever being squeezed into full time work schedule. Love it!

Will

A weizen based on muntons wheat DME, bittered with amarillo 23/25 ibu,pitched with 3068 and currently bubbling away at a fruity 20/22c.
Hoping the low co humulone fruity character of the amarillo will complement the estery wheat characteristics.Fruit salad yummy ,yummy. :D

Peter Shane said:
Ross said:
[post="75508"][/post]​

How patient are you? In the mean time you could try my Powels Ale or Pilsner malts. (I havn't opened them yet).

:beer:
PeterS....
[post="75510"][/post]​

Maybe time we got together for a brew day Pete... Any weekday suits me...

Maybe time we got together for a brew day Pete... Any weekday suits me...

Ross
I am extremely envious. I can't wait for the time when I can say "any weekday suits me " about anything.
Cheers & well done
Gerard

ive currently got a pale ale fermenting with the Safale US-56. very nice krausen. planning on a week cc'ing then into the keg. barring any nasty flavours, i think this will be my nsw xmas recipe.

Latest posts

Back