So Whats Brewing Next?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the fermenter I have:

1 x Ginger Beer (kits and bits)
1 x Partial (that should read mostly) mash Brown ale that is verging on porter using challenger, and a comb of 1056, and Nottingham yeasts *don't ask* - tastes great

Coming up:

Well, I just bought a grain mill, and today fell over a sack of pilsener malt, so I reckon the brew for the weekend:

1 x Part Mash Mountain Goat Pale Ale clone.

Jeez, sounds like theres some corker beers out there, and a few more coming up. Doc, tell me, how did ya ABA clone go? Interested to find out.
Anyway, in my fermenters right now are a coopers pale kit, and a robust porter
Upcoming brews are an IPA and ESB, then maybe a smoked porter and an american brown.
Too many beers to choose from, and not enough fermenters. On the horizon are an ABA, a russian imperial, a barleywine and a sierra nevada celebration ale. Then maybe brew up copies of my favourite ones out of what I already have.
Cheers
Trent

johnno said:
A few weeks back coles were getting rid of all the savings brand brew kits due to new "labelling".
One day they were $2 each , I picked up 3.
2 days later they were $1 each. I took em all. 4 left by then.
I cant help a cheap bargain like that.
I want to try and do another one of these 2 can jobs with some Wyeast 2007 before the weather gets any warmer.
Then I can see a couple more 2 can ales coming up. I have plenty of hops and yeast.
At that price, johnno, why stop at 2-can. Sky is limit... world is oyster etc...

Go the seven-can screamer, I reckon.

Trent said:
Doc, tell me, how did ya ABA clone go? Interested to find out.
Trent,

The ABA clone went really well. Is tasting really good with lots and lots of hop aroma. For the recipe see Page 3 of this thread

Beers,
Doc

due to consumption out stripping supply this brewery is going into overdrive shortly.

currently in the fermenter is the hourglass ipa.spare fermenter sitting idle :(

on keg is the smoked porter.
celebration clone just ran out yesterday.
in cc is ordinary bitter and cream ale.
bottled is oatmeal stout and more smoked porter.

looking at doing a scottish 80/ on friday.

future brews will include hopefully three floyds dreadnought, pliny the elder and a rogues ipa and a stones ruination.just waiting on the arrival of another 100kg order then full steam ahead.ohh another brew to do steambeer and a munich octoberfest and docs saison and try some wheats and blah blah blah.

its never ending ;) :rolleyes:

cheeers
big d

I just bottled my cascade lager kit, nice and clear out of the cube, and doesnt taste as horrendous as everyone else makes out.

I currently have my partial bock in CC, my partial pilsner having a little diacetly rest, and my blackcurrant cordial based girly rocket fuel is bibbling away.

I think next will be something sweet and maly, like a nut brown. Or I may try to squeeze one more lager in before it gets too warm.

just bottled nrth german pils

have also

octoberfest

A malty hahn premium clone

Rauch Bier

cirtus esb

apa

munton imperial stout

k+K milk stout

in the fermentors

dortmunder clone

czech pils

next is a belhaven st andrews clone

then another apa followed by a stout or a porter

Next to brew is the AG Czech Pilsner (finally) - though it may end up being Bohemian (borderline German?) as I am suddenly saaz challenged - partial substitution with Hersbrucker looks likely - not ideal , but I have to brew!!.

After that a Duvel clone from the "Belgians are Easy" section of the last brewing book I bought - I only hope he is right!

In 2ndary - Road Kill Amber - AG - all aussie malts and POR hopping

Crying out to be bottled - JSB's Mad Stomp Scottish Ale - AG - this week, JSB, I promise!!

Bottle conditioning - Eurilpa Bitter - AG - first one off the rank, I am trying hard to be patient.

Almost ready to drink - 2 Can Mock Bock Part Mash Coopers Bavarian Lager (the brew where I ceremonially through the tin opener away!!)

Will never be ready to drink - Monky Marzen - PM Oktoberfest made at a certain HBS in May - sadly stuffed by hot side airation and cruel treatment (haven't quite summoned up the energy to open them and pour them away yet)

Almost gone - Kits and Bits Robust Porter (although it is half preserved in Coke Buddies for next season's Crows games)

Lurking in the back of the fridge - Newkleer Broon Ale - Grumpys extra brew with fuggles dry hopping - 5 longnecks left

That's all folks!!

deebee said:
johnno said:
A few weeks back coles were getting rid of all the savings brand brew kits due to new "labelling".
One day they were $2 each , I picked up 3.
2 days later they were $1 each. I took em all. 4 left by then.
I cant help a cheap bargain like that.
I want to try and do another one of these 2 can jobs with some Wyeast 2007 before the weather gets any warmer.
Then I can see a couple more 2 can ales coming up. I have plenty of hops and yeast.
At that price, johnno, why stop at 2-can. Sky is limit... world is oyster etc...

Go the seven-can screamer, I reckon.
deebee,
I think i'll leave the seven can screamer for posters on another beer forum.
I have 20 kilos of DME that I'm trying to brew up as well but I want to get some grain at least for that. Lots of partial mashes coming up.

cheers

on keg i have an ESB 3kg Australian Draught and an ESB 3kg Bavarian Lager. Have a ESB Fresh Wort Pilsener brewed withWLP802 lagering and a ESB 3kg Czech Pils brewing with the same yeast. Got another ESB fresh wort waiting to be brewed this time is the amber ale.

Looking to brew an oatmeal stout over the next few days, there seems to be a thousand recipes around for this, but I will look towards the pointy end of the guidelines, lots of malt, and well hopped with EKG.
After that will be a bock and another IPA - the last IPA is really good, but cloudy.... should have remembered to drop the little pill into the boil with ten minutes to go as I usually do...
Probably try to max out my system for all these brews, which is about 8kg of grain, to get the largest quantity of beer for the effort.

dreamboat

AHB members :chug: = pissheads :chug:

:chug: :chug: AND PROUD OF IT !! :p :chug: :chug:

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Got my weeheavy down yesterday, at OG 1.082 it is my highest gravity beer yet and tastes unreal.
Drank half a pint of first running at 1.100 with some jack daniels then after cooling the fresh wort down drank another litre of it with the rest of the bottle of jacks. :chug: :chug: :chug:

Cheers WeeJayse.

See what I mean !!!!

Up there with the best of us Jayse :chug: You do us all proud

There cheers for Jayse

Batz said:
There cheers for Jayse

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :rolleyes:

Methinks Batz has drunk a full bottle of JD for breakfast!! :lol:

C&B
TDA

Currently have in Primary..

1 - ESB
2 - Roggen
3 - Bock

in Kegs

American Cream Ale
Oatmeal stout (dissapearing quickly)
Munich Lager
Czech Pils
IPA (nearly all gone)
SFPA (bottled, cos I ran out of kegs)

Next up is:

Another ESB (Ray Mills Recipe)
Belgian Wit
Aussie Ale

If anyone has any great tried and tested AG recipes for the Aussie Ale and Wit - I sure would like to hear about em.... :D

Cheers,

Crispy

I'm still fairly new to this, but seeing all of you guys with multiple fermenters going at once will be good ammo to convince my CFO that I need to buy a couple more rather than relying on just one ;) .

Anyway, I'm just about to bottle a partial mash ale which was:

1.5kg Morgans Unhopped Pale Malt Extract
1kg Light Malt Extract
1kg Ale Malt Grain
250gm Crystal Malt Grain
50gm UK Progress Hop Pellets
Safale S-04 Yeast
1 Teaspoon Irish Moss

What would this be similar to in some of the names described in previous posts? :huh:

Unfortunately it will be the last as we move to Sydney at the end of September, so I'm drinking down all my stock as the removalists won't transport it :( , but will get to start over again in early October and build the stock up again :D

Cheers - Duff.

Thread Resurrection. :p !!!

My Czech pils is bubbling away tonight after a tense couple of daze @ 10C.

Recipe as in BYO March-April 2004, scaled to 23 litres.

So it took me a while to get here. Sue me. As Hunter S. said, "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right".
Extended boil, triple decoction, Weyermann Bohemian Pils malt, Czech Saaz hops - pellets for the bitterness and plugs for flavour and aroma, W2278 yeast - 3 litre culture.

If I may so rude, it tastes great already. Goes close to Kozel pils, so it's likely to be good or better. I'd like to aim for Budweiser (the beer of Kings, not the king of beers) at some stage. Just love the Budvar/Czechvar/whatever they have to name it to sell it here, coz the Septics registered the name first here. Doooon't get me started on this one.

Also have a Leffe Blond clone with SAF-33 Belgian dry yeast and an ESB Belgian Ale on Wyeast Abbey II (Rochefort, some say). Gonna be a happy boy! :beer:

Seth out :beerbang:

Always a good subject :D

Fementing a pils, hopefully as tasty as the last I brewed, although giving some saaz b a run this time.

Next will be an english bitter, goinf to try the wyeast ringwood ale on this one. Following that I will probably go a hefewiezen so its ready for the warmer weather.

What a great hobby! :beer:

Geez, talk about bring a post back from the dead.
Sounds like a good brew Weizeguy.

I brewed a Chocolate Porter last weekend and plan to brew a HefeRyeizen (Pils + Rye + Wheat) on Wednesday night.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back