So I dropped a screwdriver. In a full keg.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChoat

Reaction score
Looks like that's where it's staying until it empties.

At least it was sanitised. What happened? I had a problem with a dip tube that kept clogging, so I figured I'd put a filter made out of stainless braid on the end of it. All was going well, I tightened the hose clamp to the tube inside the keg, and just when i was about to pull out, I dropped the stumpy flat blade in the keg.

Ah well, at least it isn't clogging anymore.

Step 1 get a mate or 2 over
Step 2 drink the keg
Step 3 retrieve screwdriver

I dont see any other way

dave81 said:
Step 2 drink the keg

I dont see any other way

I dont see a problem :drinks:

Have to agree with these guys, take the keg to your nrl grand final barbie and drink it dry. Go bunnies!

there's an opportunity for a brew name here... what beer is it?

You brewed and screwed
And screwed your brew.
It's now imbued
With screw. Boohoo!

Who screwed their brew?
You did! That's who!
But dude, don't brood,
Just brew anew.

If it tastes good, next time, why not drop a spanner in and see how that works? You could be on to a new style.

TimT said:
If it tastes good, next time, why not drop a spanner in and see how that works? You could be on to a new style.
now you are starting to remind me of the movie Perfume

"Hmmm. This drink is screwed but effective."

Mardoo said:
Call it "Screwed". Then your marketing campaign could be, "Get Screwed tonight!"
Drop a hammer in one too, in case you just feel like getting hammered.

Next time you're pissed and the missus says "You're acting like a tool" you'll be well within your rights.

Or you could fetch it out with a sanitised length of fishing line and a magnet...

TheBigD said:
Step 2 drink the keg
I dont see any other way

I dont see a problem :drinks:
I don't seee 5 Meyers in front of me.

Good sugessting

The beer I'm drinking right now is called 'Hammer and Tongs'. You wouldn't believe the story behind that name. I should have had longer tongs.

How many times has the thermometer fallen in my brew? Lots! (To use the precise mathematical quantity).

Back