Snaplock Applications and Uses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pnutapper

Reaction score
Hi All,

A few of the guys have been asking questions via PM about how to fit a snaplock to a fridge or fount or keezer etc. so I thought I might start a thread for general discussion / questions / pics regarding this topic. By having this info in a thread it is there for all to see as well.

It is much easier to post pics in a thread than via PM, so if you need some help with an application you can post your pic up here so we are all on the same page with regards to types of equipment that need to either take an adaptor, or what can be plugged in to an adaptor.

It seems that most HB guys are using Snaplock adaptors in their founts, but I welcome queries from those who have lock in, or pinlock adaptors / taps as well.

1509506057498.jpg
1509506074747.jpg
ok what bits do I need to throw some florytes on this?

I need to shake my head around from side to side to see the second pic properly. :fallingoffchair:

I am fairly sure that you will need to get yourself a 1/2" x 3/4" BSP Female to Female adaptor, and then you will need a 3/4" BSP fount adaptor like this.

upload_2017-11-1_15-36-5.png

I have the same fount at home, but I won't be there until Friday evening to confirm for you. (I am currently interstate.)

Nice tough question to get the ball rolling MJ!

I want to ditch the entire shank setup and replace it, the line attachment is for 10 or 12mm ID. The shank as it were only needs to pass through 1mm plate, but how do I go from what you have pictured above to OD 8mm line?

ED: BTW do you rocognise the taps, no-one has been able to tell who made them, so can't rekit or get parts, now I'd like to just switch the whole lot over to floryte. (Grabing brass taps from Yob) So plated or brass fitting would be best.

You could get a 2.5" long 3/8"BSP panel extension like this one with a 5/8" female snaplock adaptor to take your tap if the holes in your fount will take them. (The shank of the panel extension steps up to 5/8" on the external side.) From memory, the holes in your fount are 3/8", but I would need to check.

upload_2017-11-2_7-19-39.png

This one pictured is longer, but gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

At the other end, you could fit a John Guest 1/4" BSP x 5/16" push fitting to take your tubing. (This end of the panel extension has a 1/4" thread to take one of these fittings.) 5/16" is 7.94mm and is a perfect fit for most commonly available 8mm OD beer tube.

upload_2017-11-2_7-24-19.png

EDIT: Not sure about the manufacturer of your taps. Would need to take a look inside to see what is in them, but pretty sure you would be able to find the parts to rekit them.

I did do a thread on the tap with full exploded view (old User name) but the search function is completely useless and I can't find the shots on my camera or phone. I might just strip it down, box it up, and send it to you. (the brass section and taps) Like I said I'd prefer at this point to switch everything out.

Any suggestions for ;

1. Panel extension for Celli tap
2. Adaptor to fit Celli tap to KK font?

Cheers

Are you able to post up a picture of your tap? Many Celli taps have a threaded back that is fastened to either a shank or a fount with a locking collar. These are often compatible with Perlick / Intertap / Grundy / Brumby / Universal / Irridium snap lock shanks and also panel extensions available through KK.

If you can show me your tap, I'll have a better idea. Here is a link to Celli's cattle dog if it is impractical to post a pic.

http://www.celli.com/Prodotti/Cataloghi.aspx

The tap at the top of your picture looks like a Universal tap to me. The tap body should have a male thread where it screws in to the collar on the panel extension.

Using a collar and shank like these, you should be able to snaplock the tap into the KK fount adaptor if it has what they call a Kinglok (Snap Lock) adaptor:

upload_2017-11-2_12-45-21.png

upload_2017-11-2_12-45-48.png

The pictured shank has a spline. It should fit your tap, even if it does not have a spline itself. These parts are readily available through LABK. (Lancer Andale Bracton KK)

I do not believe you can attach the remaining 3 to a fount or panel extension.

Yes. I did not grab the universal tap, only the Celli's. Have plans for them though, they are a beautiful tap to use.

Latest posts

Back