Small Wheely Bin For Portable Keg System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive attached the base of mine just using s/s screws. Around 20mm long x6. Going to install a tap of some sort to drain the melted ice. I can see these being pretty damm heavy once assembled with keg etc so might make another base with wheels and handles on top...

Cant wait til the swap meet when they are all lined up. Going to be a ripper!

Now to work out what colour to paint... Hmmmm primer grey just wont cut it :-D

Base in and primed. Gotta finish this puppy soon

2011_10_05_17.38.16.jpg

Mark,
Sorry about the late reply. This pipe has been laying around our work for abour two years, and have had my eye on it after i saw Bostons at a case swap a few years ago, so i got enough for 12 "coolers" I dont insulate mine at all, i take my already cold keg and add about a bag and a half of ice. I am yet to try it out in the heat of summer, but am sure it should be ok. I would try around building site for off cuts, as this is large storm pipe,and quite expensive. Hope this helps.

Tony

Cheers mate I know a plumber, hopefully I'll get lucky.

ok I've got 1m of PVC...

Now thinking about the best gas options. Will be carbing keg in the fridge, so only need a small amount to dispense..

Not too keen on hand pumps so I think soda stream bottle is the way to go.. Though this would mean a regulator sitting above the keg which would be kind of annoying.

Does anyone know if there are smaller Regs that will fit down the side of the keg inside the 300m PVC tube? I've seen those mini Regs on craftbrewer, but are quite expensive and require special co2 bulbs..

What have you guys done with gas?

Why not get a thinner diameter PVC pipe and attach it to the side, and the SS bottle can slide into that pipe with the reg sticking out the top? Probably a bit uglier but would work very well.

I picked up a free plastic 21L mayo bucket from my local takeaway. Not quite as pretty as the pvc pipes, but free, and should fit a 9L party keg, ice, and small gas setup quite easily. Comes with handle and lid. The label can be peeled off and the outside painted if it has to be pretty. Only real drawback is that it's not quite as rigid as the pvc if you want to fit a celli type tap to it.

just called the guys at Diemen. These cylinders are the same connection for a normal regulator.

They are 80mm wide.. The inside of a corny is 300mm, the corny is 215, to these fit absolutely perfectly. And can be refilled!

Ordering one now.

I got a diemen bottle, refillable. $9 refill. Push a few kegs though.

Knocked this one up last weekend for a pizza night with soccer team.
1 small council wheelie bin
Mounted tap
Mounted C02
Gas in with grommet
4m beer line027.JPG028.JPG029.JPG033.JPG
Water drain on bottom and grommet
1 19l corny keg
2 bags of ice that lasted 48 hours (long agter beer had gone)
Simple, but effective.

Those little wheelie bins fit a bag of grain perfectly. :)

Back