Smack Pak Swellings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kook, I wasn't being hostile - just really arrogant :p (Big bucks party last night sorry!)

Thanks a heap for all your answers though. Really clear and simple stuff from everyone. That's exactly what I was after.

Going to enjoy reading all your posts/methods slowly and taking down some notes.

I think I'll re-use my yeast slurry and simultaneously muck around with the starters. (I'll be good this time Ross and not get slack using tap water :rolleyes: Up until then all was fine.)

Once again, thanks. These recent posts have actually got me excited.

Cheers,
Pat

Hey guys,

I didn't get around to doing my brew today. I've done my starter, and it's been brewing since yesterday. I wont get a chance to do the brew until tuesday morning. Just wondering if my yeast will be ok in that time, and what I should do with it.
Temp in my house is about 30 degrees.

It's presently sitting in a little 5L glass demijohn with a bung and airlock in the top.

Hi Sathid

It should be fine. I would store it in the fridge and then take it out in time to warm up to the same temperature as the wort you are pitching into.

Cheers
Pedro

Back