Single Vessel Brewing - RoboBrew 35L Gen 3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bottom perforated plate sits on top of the tap making it sit on a angle. Does anyone have this issue ? Thankyou

Hi, the three feet on the bottom of the screen should hold it above the tap. Are all three feet present on your unit?
upload_2018-6-29_10-8-15.png

Yes they are ,I believe there either too short or tap has been put in the wrong place
Is it possible the feet on your screen have been squashed or bent reducing the clearance from the bottom of the pot?

Is it possible the feet on your screen have been squashed or bent reducing the clearance from the bottom of the pot?
Doesn't look that way the legs height are 30mm,
And the top of the nut for the tap is about 37mm from the bottom .
7mm too high.

Difficult to imagine what could have gone wrong, the holes would be punched out on an automated press, feet also be coming off an automated press. Everything should be consistent.

I reckon the tap is too high. Mine is 25mm and the legs are at least 30mm

Lets get this right, you want all three legs to sit on the bottom without fouling the tap?
laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

Seriously I can't see this as being normal, if KegLand aren't prepared to fix it you could get 3 stainless steel set screws 3/8 with 2 nuts on each, long enough to make 3 legs to clear the tap, drill 3 holes and fasten the set screws to the false bottom using the 2 nuts. Or get rid of the false bottom altogether and fit a lauter helix.

Lets get this right, you want all three legs to sit on the bottom without fouling the tap?
laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

Seriously I can't see this as being normal, if KegLand aren't prepared to fix it you could get 3 stainless steel set screws 3/8 with 2 nuts on each, long enough to make 3 legs to clear the tap, drill 3 holes and fasten the set screws to the false bottom using the 2 nuts. Or get rid of the false bottom altogether and fit a lauter helix.
Cheers buddy I think I'm just going to leave it as it is. I've only done one brew so far and thought it was a bit odd.

What does the R & D team at KegLand have to say about this, or was it them who said it was normal, I was under the impression they were the bees knees in engineering know how.:thumbsdown:

What does the R & D team at KegLand have to say about this, or was it them who said it was normal, I was under the impression they were the bees knees in engineering know how.:thumbsdown:
They said it was normal. I can still use it , just wanted some feedback if I was the only one having this problem or it was common

Back