Single Batch brew rig - Recirc & Brau Controller - Need ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo__04

Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to work out a second brew rig, purely for single batches.

I Currently have a keggle which i can use, but it has a big socket welded in it and in that is the dreaded keg king element.
It is currently setup with a little brown pump to recirc the wort and has a stainless mesh sheet with stainless bolt standoffs in it to sit a biab bag above the element.
Currently running off an auberins pid.

Not real happy with the setup and would like to utilize a Matho's brau controller, and redo the heating element to something a bit more user friendly.

Either that or I was thinking of 40L aluminum pot, with a spare 3000w round element i have spare. Possibly running as biab for simplicity.

My main rig is a 100L craftbrewer pot with a 19L malt pipe. I need to get a bigger malt pipe to run doubles on it and think i would like to leave it for doubles.

Set the new rig up as something easy to use, easy to clean and automated.

Should i salvage the keggle and redesign it somehow or go with the aluminium pot biab type setup.

Any thoughts?

IRC the 5 star elements use the same size mounting hole as the keg king elements ?
If so there's 1 problem solved and hooking Mathos controller to it would be a good rig, maybe go with this first and see if it suits you before commencing a new build.
But then again trying to tell a home brewer not to do a rebuild is pointless.:)

Back